revision

jelaine5280
on 2/20/16 7:52 am - Denver, CO

I'm 11yrs out just had a revision of RNY and the revision for RNY recovery is exactly the same as my initial surgery 3-4 weeks. I'm 4 weeks out and just starting to get my energy levels back.

Jelaine5280

Julia4372
on 3/9/16 12:24 pm
RNY on 03/02/16

What is the policy for a revision of RNY I have gained 40 pounds in a year BTW I am 13 years out and now just under 200 lbs scares the crap out of me I will gain more. 

jelaine5280
on 3/9/16 12:33 pm - Denver, CO

Julia,

everyone is different. I had complications as my food was bypassing my pouch and going straight into my small intestine causing digestive issues and other absorption issues. So I would suggest being 13yrs out go get checked out to make sure everything is in tact and working as designed. Especially if you have gained 40lbs in a year. I had gained about 40lbs at about the 8yr mark and maintained that weight for another 2 1/5 yrs but then noticed that I was gaining more and was feeling unsatisfied and sick after each meal. So to answer your question. I don't think there is a policy and it's just case by case and depends on your Surgeon. So I definitely believe you should go get checked out. Good Luck.

Jelaine5280

Charmaine C.
on 3/11/16 12:09 am - Columbus, OH

Hello, my name is Charmaine. I'm going through the same thing and gained 70 pounds over the last 2 urs. My pouch is 3cm a cup size. So, my surgeon is also doing another run again. I'm nerves because I got a 2nd opinion and the surgeon said no. Due to small pouch and I may not loss the weight I need to loss. Is that true in your case? Was it worth the revision, is the weight coming off as fast as the original surgery? I would love any feed back. 

This is getting me undecided now on having the surgery but I'm tired of struggling to lose this weight. 

Thanks

Julia4372
on 3/11/16 8:44 am
RNY on 03/02/16

What did the doctors say about the revision? What is the qualifying factors.I am 193 my bmi is now in the obese category.  I am trying to lose some weight on my own I have lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks but I gain and lose the same 10 pounds. (I am back to feeling quilt about everything that I put in my mouth , a feeling that I haven't had in years )

I am terrified that I will gain back my weight. I am in Arizona and my surgeon is in Michigan so I haven't had an appointment to be evaluated.  

Julia

Most Active