Revision from band to sleeve

sheriberi29
on 4/19/16 4:30 pm - Cleveland, TN

Anyone had a revision from band to sleeve and mind sharing your good , bad, and ugly stories please !!!!!

trishr5
on 4/26/16 8:47 am

Hi Sheri,

I had my lap-band taken out about a month ago and will be getting VGS after I'm 3 months healed - prob end of June.  The 3 month wait is to let the scar tissue heal and prep the stomach for the sleeve procedure.  I'm very nervous about this 3 month waiting period - feels like the flood gates have opened since there is no more restriction and I was so tight for so long.  Where are  you in the process?

sheriberi29
on 4/26/16 8:53 am - Cleveland, TN

I'm going to my nutrition class right now and my surgery is scheduled for Tuesday may 3 . The plan is to do the removal and sleeve in one step as long as all looks well inside . I'm just nervous I'll fail again 

trishr5
on 4/26/16 9:20 am

I'm right there with you about being nervous.  Apparently I had ALOT of scar tissue so I'm glad I'm doing the 2 stage process - Initially I wanted to have it all done at once. I haven't told most of my family (1 sister knows and a few friends) I'm the only one with this issue in the family and I really don't want to fail again. Glad to have the site to share everyone's experiences.

sheriberi29
on 4/26/16 9:54 am - Cleveland, TN

I hope to wake up and be sleeved but I'm all for whatever is safest. If you ever need support you can inbox me. 

Most Active
Recent Topics