Embarrassed, but... I need a revision

SmilinsShrinking
on 4/27/16 1:51 pm - Kent, WA
DS on 08/05/16

thank you... I'll definitely check it out!!

Kathyjs
on 4/25/16 3:56 pm

I don't think there is a person in this forum that has not lost and gained over and over. I have heard very good things about surgery in Mexico but please make sure they have experience. Don't be embarrassed. Today is the day to start getting mentally prepared. Diets make us fat. We all need to get our heads right. Wishing you all the best !

Kevans66
on 4/26/16 5:49 pm

I had RNY back in 2009 and lost 200lbs. within the past year I started gaining and my surgeon thought I was just over eating. I went back a couple weeks ago and had gained 150lbs back. He said my pouch was still the same size as it was the day he did my original surgery. Tomorrow I am having an endoscopy with tightening of the stoma. I haven't heard much about this but hope it works. He said it was not possible to do any revision to the pouch size because it was fine.

SmilinsShrinking
on 4/27/16 5:28 am - Kent, WA
DS on 08/05/16

Kevanns66,

I hope that your results go well and that there is something that can be tweaked and help you to start losing again.  Sending you a big hug!!!

Joni

Kevans66
on 4/27/16 10:16 pm

Thank you. I had the endoscopy and although my pouch hadn't stretched, my stoma had stretched. They tightened the opening 50%. I am on liquids and building up just like my original RNY. I can already feel a change and satisfied on liquids. I hope this can help someone else who has regained suddenly. It wasn't sent through the insurance as a endoscopy instead of a revision so no wait time.

PinkStarburst73
on 4/28/16 9:20 pm - SPRING, TX
Revision on 05/26/16

Hi! Like others have said, the regain is nothing to be ashamed of! Trust me, I know first hand all about that! I am scheduled for my 3rd WLS on 26 May!! So yeah, nothing to be ashamed of honey! Shtuff happens and we do what we need to do to make life right for us! :)

I had a non-adjustable band for 17yrs (HW-300# down to 140# for 5 seconds and bounced between 175-230 over those years). I had that dreaded thing removed in January 2012 weighing in at 220# and was sleeved in MX a month later. My sleeve never felt super restrictive like some folks talk about and I never got below 185#. I wish I would have done more research and looked into the DS! You are one step ahead just knowing it's what you need and want! :)

I'm also a self-pay since I'm considered a somewhat 'lightweight' at 5'3" and 195-200# with no co-morbidies. I did my research this time and chose Dr. Esquerra in Mexicali, MX. His office (Nina and Karla) has been wonderful with my millions of questions and I've heard nothing but praise from other forum members regarding the care and bedside manners with him and all the staff there! The fee for my re-sleeve with DS is $11k and includes 4 nights in the hospital. I'm happy to answer any questions you have!

Good luck and take care!

Amy

**Third time is my charm**

HW-300/LW-140/CW-200/GW-135

SmilinsShrinking
on 4/29/16 7:11 pm - Kent, WA
DS on 08/05/16

Hi Amy!  Thank you so much for your sweet reply.  I'm so glad that I got back on OH.  It was a helpful tool the first time, and honestly, I think that the encouragement I've received and information that I've gotten here has been even more important.   

I'm hoping to have my surgery with Dr. Esquerra too!   I've read such great things about him as a surgeon, and as importantly to me, that his whole staff is lovely.  

Can I friend you?  I'd love to hear more about your experiences.

Thanks again,

Joni

Most Active
Recent Topics