Revision from Sleeve to DS

nbrett
on 4/26/16 8:52 am - Winnipeg, Canada

I had a vertical sleeve done but I haven't lost much weight. I feel like such a loser. I have seen so many successful people but I unfortunately am not one.

I have been researching the DS procedure and I am very interested in having it done. I have my sleeve done by Dr. Almanza and although he was a very nice man and I have no complications, I was hoping to have it done elsewhere.

If anyone has some suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much!!

Nikki

PinkStarburst73
on 4/28/16 8:13 pm - SPRING, TX
Revision on 05/26/16

Hi Nikki.... Honey, let me tell you, you are not alone!! This is coming from someone who is having her 3rd WLS on 26 May!!

I had a non-adjustable band for 17yrs, had it removed in Jan 2012 and was sleeved in Mexico by Dr. Rodriguez in February 2012. I weighed 220 when i was sleeved and never got below 185. I'm 5'3" and bouncing between 195-200 right now. I NEVER had the awesome restriction some folks talk about and I envied hearing about...NEVER! I believe that is because I didnt wait long enough between having the band removed and being sleeved. Less than a month isnt enough time for 17yrs of having a band trapped around your stomach and honestly, the doc did the best he could with sleeving me and keeping my health and complications in mind.

I will find out what my tummy looks like on 25 May when I have my testing done in Mexico with Dr. Esquerra for my sleeve revision and DS. Since I'm considered a 'lightweight' at 5'3" / 200# with no co-morbidies present (but everything runs in my family from cancer to obesity to heart disease!!!) , I figure I'm being proactive with self paying for the DS before things start breaking on me. :)

Nina and Karla at Dr. Esquerra's office have been wonderful (cuz I've asked a million and one questions!) and I've heard nothing but praise regarding Dr. Esquerra's talent and bedside manners from folks on this and other forums so I'm looking forward to my journey down this last WLS road!

I hope knowing you arent alone helps.... good luck with your search and if you have any questions, feel free to ask away! :)

valeriallen
on 5/16/16 1:55 am

I must say, you are not alone. I'm having the DS tomorrow, May 17th and I'm scared...  I wasn't with the sleeve...

nbrett
on 5/16/16 7:24 am - Winnipeg, Canada

GOOD LUCK!!!

I am super excited for you.

I can't wait to hear how it went!!

Most Active
Recent Topics