Anyone know of a reputable gastric bypass revision surgeon in the Bergen/Passaic County NJ...

Petra R.
on 7/19/16 4:00 pm - Saddle Brook, NJ

Hi. Looking for a surgeon who specializes in gastric bypass revision around my area. Also needs to accept medicaid. Any help would be appreciated.

L. 68
on 7/25/16 11:17 am

CALL LAPROSCOPIC ASSOCIATES  201-646-1121 they are GREAT..  ASK THEM WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW..

Good Luck!!

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

moviemum
on 8/9/16 7:10 am, edited 8/9/16 12:10 am

I had a revision of LapBand to RNY with Dr. Marc Bessler who has magic hands and I personally experienced zero discomfort and had an amazing recovery. He's with Columbia Presb in the Bronx/Manhattan area. 212-305-4000 His staff is thorough and efficient.  He's very realistic and knows the human body very well and what you can expect from surgery. Good Luck. (My LapBand was done in Englewood NJ but typically, the Band just is not an efficient means for success even though I had no complaints of the dr. I used but the Band....well, there's a reason it's not popular anymore.) PS, I don't know why I have 2 tickers.  11 lbs to go to goal!

Petra R.
on 8/9/16 2:22 pm - Saddle Brook, NJ

Thank you for responding. I actually found out my original Doc accepts my insurance and does revisions. I am more than comfortable with him and his staff thankfully. They are wonderful. I am doing a RNY to RNY. I had great success with my surgery in 2005 and kept my weight off until 2013 when I had a series of unfortunate events. A minor car accident, a fall and early menopause all at the same time and they all did a number on me gaining weight. I gained back 70 lbs and took off 20 and have been stuck here for some time. Having the extra weight on me makes it hard to exercise like I want to. I do what I can when I can for as long as I can. I have a lot of pain and discomfort in my joints and muscles and the weight also affects my degenerative disc and arthritis in my back. I made some serious life changes which has me the best I've been in my life except for the weight. I am ready for this second chance at getting it so right and keeping it that way. Congrats on your success and best of luck on that last 11. You got this.

Chilipepper
on 8/12/16 5:48 am

Why would you want the guy that messed up the first time to touch you again?

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Petra R.
on 8/12/16 9:20 am - Saddle Brook, NJ

He didn't mess up. I got hit all at once with some physical issues that left me unable to do ANY exercise at all. A fall, car accident, miscarriage. It sent me into a bit of a downward spiral and I started drinking more and more alcohol. To make a long story short I stretched it out myself. Additionally there is some internal scarring which can and does happen to some patients from time to time. There are things that happen that have nothing to do with an error by the surgeon it could be the way a persons body handles the surgery or external issues. In my case it happened to be both. My surgeon is a fantastic surgeon and I wouldn't go back to him if the error was is. Thank you for your concern it's nice to have that support. 

Chilipepper
on 8/12/16 3:18 pm

Why do you think you need a revision if there is nothing wrong. Just go back to the basics. Protein forward and cut the carbs. That is how you lose the weight again. Not the exercise. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Petra R.
on 8/12/16 3:30 pm - Saddle Brook, NJ

You need both the diet and the exercise or it will not come off and stay off. I have changed my eating but it only does so much since the pouch is once again stretched it is starting from scratch and going back to basics doesn't cut it. This was not a decision I came to lightly nor was it something I just said, well let me just get the revision and that will cure it all. I won't get into all the details of my life let's just say where I am now will allow me to be the best I can be and keep striving for that so no matter what is thrown at me I won't fail again. 

Also, since I have scar tissue around my duodenum that has to be addresses it only makes sense to have them reshrink my pouch.  

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 8/10/16 4:22 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I used Dr Goyal with NJ Bariatric Center.  I went with him because in the initial session he addressed regain and said that he would cotinue to work with you.  I have not needed a revision, but he has been doing WLS full time for 15 years and I would consult with him.  (I had RNY). 

PS  It is not clear from your post if you had a failed RNY, or a failed lap band and now want an RNY. 

Sharon

Petra R.
on 8/10/16 6:21 am - Saddle Brook, NJ

Hi Sharon,

I wouldn't say it was a failed RNY. I had great success and kept off my weight until I went through some tough situations some physical some mental and I myself gained the weight because of my physical limitations at the time and using alcohol as a coping mechanism. I have since gotten myself together mentally and physically (still working on the physical part of course). My mindset has completely changed. My relationship with food has changed. I also quit drinking altogether. I just want to be healthy. Because of the issues with my back I've actually shrunk 2 inches so this weight on me really takes a toll. I didn't regain all the weight back I gained about 70 lbs back but I have lost 20 lbs since January. I have not been able to lose more no matter what I do right now so I've decided on the revision to jump start my weight loss again and do a complete overhaul of my diet. 

My Doc has been doing WLS for over 20 years and though I do appreciate the recommendation for Dr. Goyal I am going to stay with him. I'm super excited and know I will stay the course this time around. 

Most Active
Recent Topics