Maryland revision?

HotMessMel
on 11/23/16 10:47 pm

Has anyone had a revision with Carefist/BCBS? Specifically, I have the Maryland public exchange plan, a PPO. I'm wondering what the procedure is like for them for revisions, if they even cover them, and what requirements they have first. Yes, I'll call them, but that's not till Friday. Just wondering. My BMI is only in the 38 range, so I'm under the typical 40 needed (I have no comorbidities).

i had RNY originally in 2012 and was very successful. But I got pregnant and was scared and ended up gaining a massive amount (this was only a year after my surgery). I ended up pregnant again right after I delivered and had gained back almost all of my weight. I've managed to lose a small amount,  but I know the restriction is gone and that's what I need to be back to where I was when I was at my best post-op. 

Gwen M.
on 11/28/16 2:40 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

The only reason you would need a revision surgery is if there's some actual mechanical failure with your RNY.  Have you had your stomach checked out via endoscopy?  Or a barium swallow?  

Chances are more likely that you gained the weight back because you stopped eating the way you need to eat to lose weight and maintain the loss.  And, chances are also likely that if you get back to following the rules, you'll feel restriction and start losing weight again.  

First off, start by tracking everything you put into your mouth using something like MyFitnessPal.  From there, get back to your basics.  Here are mine, yours might be slightly different.  

1. Prioritize protein and water
2. Deprioritize carbs, especially the refined and processed ones
3. Make the most of healthy fats
4. Eat three meals a day with no snacks
      a. Do not drink while eating or for 30 minutes after eating
5. Avoid liquid calories (breakfast protein shake is the exception)
6. Weigh portions, log everything consumed
7. Eat mindfully and with no distractions aside from real live people
8. Move as much as possible
9. Weigh myself daily
10. Be kind to myself

You CAN do this, you just need to commit yourself.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Recent Topics