RNY to Distal RNY

Christine Knorr
Wiatrowski

on 11/26/16 1:37 pm - Ventnor City, NJ

I am so frustrated...I have been looking for a surgeon in my location (NJ) who will revise me from an RNY to DS to no avail...after 3 surgeons I have one willing to operate but only revising me from an RNY to Distal RNY and doing nothing to my stoma, which is enlarged.  My pouch is of normal size for my time out...Please, please, please I hope there are some success stories about this procedure...I am currently on my 3 month supervised diet...Thanks in advance

Valerie G.
on 12/22/16 6:18 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Dr. Greenbaum is the only DS Surgeon in New Jersey and yes he does RNY revisions.  I assure you, it's worth the wait and travel, and because there are so few DS surgeons, many find themselves doing the same thing.  With an enlarged stoma, a distal RNY isn't going to stop you from feeling hungry.  You'll have the same challenges with a pouch combined with the nutritional challenges of a DS.  

http://www.dsfacts.com/profile?id=24

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Christine Knorr
Wiatrowski

on 12/22/16 12:19 pm - Ventnor City, NJ

Thank you for responding...my surgeon is Dr Greenbaum...he said he wouldn't revise me to the DS because of the possible complications that may arise...I see him again on 2/8 and want to ask again and if he's still against it then I don't know...I may go with his advice I might not.

on 2/23/17 10:17 pm - Sound Beach, NY

Im going through the same thing. Dr Greenbaum performed my revision to a Distal. I lost  LOT OF WEIGHT BUT had horrible malnutrition and I have no restriction. I kept my weight down around 140 but now I have gained 25 lbs. I need restriction. Im appreciative that I havent been completely malnourished anymore. I was on TPN twice already.

Most Active
Recent Topics