What exactly is a revision for someone whom already has had RNY?

richard74
on 3/27/17 6:47 am - TX

What exactly is a revision for someone who has already had the RNY done? Thank you.

Ruby_Trout
on 3/29/17 9:29 pm - Canada

Great question! Are you seeking a revision? I, too, am seeking an RNY revision. I look forward to an answer.

Suzanne_Paulette
on 3/29/17 11:57 pm - Lamonte, MO

Lol I am too! No answers just questions. I was told my Roux limb would be made longer. That's it. Can't find info on the net anywhere. Let's get some answers girls!

Suzanne_Paulette
on 3/29/17 11:59 pm - Lamonte, MO

OMG Richard, I'm so sorry, I guess I didn't read your name right... I apologize!

nedsmehlp
on 3/30/17 6:43 pm - Hutchinson, KS

Have you looked into revising to a DS? I've seen a few that have had that done.

Gavin B.
on 4/5/17 4:49 am - Orlando, FL

I had RNY in 2007 and went to see a surgeon today. I had to do an Upper GI and he told me that my pouch got really big. He suggested to do an endoscopic suturing procedure. They are going to submit the paperwork today. If I get denied, I'd have to try the regular laparoscopic procedure, which I think is more expensive that the endoscopic suturing procedure (I really don't know why BCBS would deny the first).

richard74
on 4/5/17 4:57 am - TX

Wow. I wonder if my pouch got big. Please keep me updated on this. I have a dr follow up routine appointment next week. Thank you and good luck

mramsey3
on 4/6/17 8:46 am

I have found a few doctors in Dallas and Houston that are doing the Stomaphyx and ROSE procedure....basically, they make folds in the pouch via an endoscope (down the throat) and place a stitch....making the pouch smaller from the inside. I am currently waiting on a call from a Dr. in Shreveport, LA to see if he does this type of revision.

Gavin B.
on 4/9/17 6:25 am - Orlando, FL

I think they only (good) option we have as RNYers is conversion to DS. I have read so many bad reviews about the endoscopic procedures. I really don't know why people will not lose if they are making the pouch extra small. The feedback that I got is that if you really want to lose weight with a procedure, you have to covert to DS. I think it's medically impossible to get a sleeve after a RNY.

D B.
on 4/17/17 11:56 am

Hi Richard, I have been told by my surgeon its called a ERNY which means they extend the bypass. I manage to keep 200 lbs off but have not lost all my weight. I weight 320 for the last 10 years. My weight has been stable for those 10 years. I want to get a revision to a DS. The first doctor that my RNY did not bypass nothing. Than I had the ERNY 10 years ago and lost 200 lbs and have been stable. During the last 10 years I had my thyroid removed due tumors pressing on my wind pipe. I am wondering if my hypothyroidism has anything to do with not losing any more weight. I have good restriction of my stomach. I can not and will not over eat. I have no dumping syndrome or any side affects. Hopefully they can put my stomach back together and do the DS. I wanted the DS 10 years ago but no one in Phoenix was doing them. Now they are doing them in Phoenix. I found 2 doctors that to revisions to DS's. I have apps with both. I hope it goes well.

Most Active
Recent Topics