I'm back!

RebelK
on 4/6/17 11:33 am - TX
RNY on 01/15/13

I joined this group four years ago when I had my gastric bypass. It was so much help to me in those first few months. I received good advice and a ton of support. I eventually transitioned into a real life support group and then of course as we usually do, just wandered off.

Long story short (well not to short), my surgery was not done correctly. Even in the honeymoon period following eating guidelines and exercising, my top weight loss was 46 pounds. I felt like a failure. I was ashamed to go for a second opinion and I basically just hid out and regained.Within 5 months I could eat almost anything I could before the surgery and in almost the same quantities. It didn't take long to begin to return to my old habits. After 4 yrs. I developed an ulcer and the doctor who treated me for it told me that my surgery had been extremely conservative and he could tell it had been that way almost from the first. He recommended the revision and here I am 8 months later on my pre-op liquid diet. My surgery is the 13th. It is a lot riskier this time around and I'm being told that the weight loss will not be as great as the first procedure (most peoples initial weight loss, not mine) and it will also be harder to lose and it will not come off as fast. It is a little depressing to hear that but I've decided that I will take what I can get.

So, I'll be looking to y'all to update me on the latest tips and to once again lend me an ear! Thanks!

Kathy

GmaDiana
on 4/6/17 5:27 pm

I was revised from sleeve to RNY in 20116.I have lost 42 lbs in the first 5 months.I'm still losing.I think because yours wasn't done correctly you might lose more.You will feel the difference.Good luck with your surgery.

RebelK
on 4/6/17 7:31 pm - TX
RNY on 01/15/13

Thank you for telling me that! That makes me feel so much better!

Kathy

annjones
on 4/7/17 7:14 am - Kansas City, KS
RNY on 02/13/17

Keep in touch with your WL team and stick to the schedule. Call them if you have any questions or concerns. It is much easier to address something right away than to let it go for a while. Big thing is to forgive yourself, you haven't failed! I know when my lapband failed I went through a period of time (2 years prior to removal and several months after) that I thought it was all my fault and I messed this up like everything else I had tried in the past.

Chin up and carry on! We are all here to help support you!

Ann Jones
HW-304/SW-295/CW-226/GW-200

RNY Surgery 2/13/2017
12/23/08 Band Date - Removal Date 08/15/16

RebelK
on 4/7/17 7:41 am - TX
RNY on 01/15/13

Thank you Ann! I did learn that I will have to have my WL team this time. Even if I think I've messed up they can help me correct. Thank you for the encouraging words.

Kathy

RebelK
on 4/18/17 4:41 pm - TX
RNY on 01/15/13

Well, 5 days post op and all is well. I've lost 14lbs in the last 13 days because of the liquids. I'm feeling pretty good and getting my protein. My only problem right this minute is no crunch and salt. I'm not hungry really but the craving for that is large. I'm so determined this time. I hope I can maintain the determination. Thanks for the ear!

Kathy

RebelK
on 5/10/17 7:12 am - TX
RNY on 01/15/13

Well nearly 4 weeks post op and I'm feeling good! I'm back at the gym, just cardio for now, and I'm getting my protein and I'm beginning to eat small amounts of "real" food. The weight loss doesn't seem like much to me but I'm trying not to dwell on it.

Kathy

Most Active
Recent Topics