Curious about Gastric Bypass (RNY) Revision

shmarqaurd
on 7/13/17 6:53 am

I am 13 years post RNY. When I had my surgery I was 400 pounds and lost 200 pounds. I kept the weight off and did great for 11 years. 2 years ago I began to gain weight and couldn't understand why because I wasn't doing anything different. Long story short, I ended up being diagnosed with Hashimotos and needed to be put on medicine for my hypothyroidism, but the damage was done and I had gained 85 pounds. I became pregnant and had my son in March of 2016, I only gained 15 pounds during my pregnancy but was extremely sick and had to have my gall bladder removed during my pregnancy. I have tried everything and I just can't lose the weight. I am so disappointed in myself and feel like such a failure. I want to look into having my RNY revised, but I am scared because everything I read makes it seem like it is extremely risky for surgery that will have good results. Does anyone have any recent experience with a revision to RNY? I am looking for all experiences, positive and negative.

Vickylh
on 7/14/17 8:23 pm

I have also gained a lot of weight after my rny. I need help soon.

Vthompson
on 7/17/17 7:57 pm

I had rny revision and only loss 30 pounds very heart breaking

erica G.
on 7/18/17 9:26 pm

Hello I am in the beginning stages of getting my revision surgery. I am scared as well but, I'm going forward all the weight related issues are creeping back up.

on 7/19/17 11:49 am
dcopehp
on 7/27/17 9:56 pm - New York, NY

I totally understand! I gained back 110 lbs. I'm looking to have a revision to a DS since redoing the RYN hasn't been very successful

dcopehp
on 8/10/17 3:31 pm - New York, NY

I'm in the process of getting a rny revision to a DS as well. Good luck!

JimVonBaden
on 8/17/17 9:30 am - Alexandria, VA
RNY on 11/10/04 with

I had RNY back in 2004 and lost 110 pounds. I gained back to 284 when I had an RNY revision last week. I hope this is successful. Between the pre-surgery diet and the surgery, I have lost 20 pounds so far, 10 after surgery.

Listening to these not so success stories, I am a bit concerned that this will not be as successful as I had hoped.

Jim

RNY 11/2004 (lost 110 pounds, gained back to 284), revision 8/2017 (down 26 pounds)

Most Active
Recent Topics