Question regarding sleeve revision

LADodger22
on 5/11/18 8:02 pm

Has anyone had a sleeve Gasterectomy converted to a Gastric Bypass. Any luck with Medicare approving a revision?

Thanks

drea29
on 5/27/18 9:45 pm

Why do you need the revision? If it is for GERD, then it is not WLS. If it is because you have had some regain that could be harder.

I need revision due to GERD. I had no problem with my insurance . I don't have Medicare. I am still working and have private insurance.

ezab70
on 8/29/18 5:51 pm
Revision on 10/01/18

interesting - my situation was just the opposite. i was scheduled to have a gastrojejunostomy but got denied at the very last minute because of the fact that i had previously had a sleeve. even though i am in a "normal"bmi range they are still having me go thru a bariatric center of excelence . i am fine with it in the end because i was approved very quickly. scheduled for 10/1

drea29
on 8/30/18 2:33 pm

Is this a weight loss procedure? I thought is was a surgery to help empty the contents of the stomach. Hope all goes well for you in your upcoming surgery. I had to postpone my surgery due to family illness. I am calling next week to reschedule. I was hoping the GERD would improve...no luck. Really not looking forward to the revision but is something I have to do.

ezab70
on 8/30/18 2:43 pm
Revision on 10/01/18

revision but for gerd - but the proecdure is the rny so the effect will also be to lose weight. my bmi is in normal range so i was approved only based on my gerd not for weight loss. i am praying my gerd will get better. I cant keep waking up the way i do with my gerd now. good luck next week. one step at a time is all we can do. i am trying not to future trip and just staying where my feet are currently. otherwise my head is spinning out of control to what is christmas going to be like - whats my bday going to be like - will i be sick? will my gerd be gone? will i be in pain in a month? will i get to where my fav dress in a month for my husbands 50th bday? silly i know. thats why these forums help. they keep me a bit sane thru this waiting zone. big hug to u

drea29
on 8/31/18 3:45 pm

I also am having the revision to bypass. I am 6 years out and any hormonal benefit from the sleeve is gone. My surgeon told me I will not lose a lot of weight as the part of the stomach and all that hormonal stuff already happened with the sleeve. I know someone who had the revision for GERD and lost 20 pounds and that was because initially we will be on liquid and then soft food etc. Great results her GERD is completely gone. No medication at all and she had precancerous cells in her esophagus.

Slow down and breath. The most important thing is that you will be relieved from the GERD and everything else will work itself out. This is from someone who has to remember to breathe all day long. Wishing all all the best.

Most Active
Recent Topics