ADVICE>In process, seeking RNY revision & switch to United Healthcare

Calidreamer
on 7/12/18 8:04 pm

I am almost 6 years post VSG. CW 256, After my sleeve I immediately started having acid reflux. Recently found out I have a hiatial hernia and found out after being weighed, I had gained almost all my weight back FINALLY got my Aetna HMO insurance to approve me to see a bariatric dr. Things are moving along. My doc ordered the Bravo test, EGD, barium test and a esophageal biopsy. I am just trying to patiently wait for my insurance to approve these tests and schedule me. Then, I find out today that my husbands insurance is changing.

The new insurance is through United Healthcare. I think it may be a PPO. Which may be an advantage. But I have heard UH doesn't cover bariatrics. I am just looking for anyone with experience dealing with UH. What can you tell me about getting a revision with them?

Trying to stay hopeful. But there is no way I could have all my tests done, submit to Aetna HMO and be approved and have my surgery before Aug. 1!! So United healthcare it is.

kimiam
on 7/13/18 8:26 pm - riverside, CA

I think it depends on which policy your employer has chosen for you , some employers exclude wls.

Laura in Texas
on 7/14/18 6:47 am

I would think your new insurance would cover fixing the hiatial hernia even if it does not cover a revision to your revision. That may help your acid reflux. Does your surgeon want to revise you to RNY?

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

_Shane_
on 7/17/18 5:14 am
DS on 08/13/18

I have United Healthcare and am tentatively scheduled for surgery on 7/30. Bariatric coverage is dependent on the particular policy.

Most Active
Recent Topics