MEDICARE FOR REVISION IN 2018 DOCS IN DFW?

Imbubblezz13
on 8/26/18 9:34 pm - Frisco, Tx

I am at such a loss! I have been traveling from Dallas to Houston, Dr Nowzardan, trying to find out what is going on with my tummy!

I had an open VBG in 2003. I was very young, with no comorbidities, other than being obese, and I think I should not have had such an invasive surgery.

I lost minimal weight. Fast forward 15 years later, I am back to my beginning weight; however, this time, I am fully disabled. I have many issues. I am too heavy for my legs. I am having a ton of leg issues, back issues, neck issues, etc. Not to mention the issues going on with my stomach itself.

I need a revision like no tomorrow. Dr Now told me medicate would pay dempending on my case and problems, but I cannot afford to keep traveling there. I found a local Doc that takes Medicare for WLS, but they said they will not sumbit revisions to medicare because Medicare won't cover them!!!

See my confusion?

So, does anyone know of Medicare covers revisions? If so, does anyone know of any doctors in the DfW area that will take Medicare for revisions?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Valapp
on 8/27/18 10:06 am

Medicare paid for my revision in 2015. I had my lapband removed and had gastric bypass. The doctor who did my revision was Dr. David Provost. He moved to Temple, Texas but he sold his practice to Dr. Michael Lee, Lee Bariatric in Denton. I would call Lee Bariatric and check with them to make sure they still accept Medicare. Good luck

HW 280

CW 168

Goal 165

Most Active
Recent Topics