an update on my appeal process

AMYLU
on 11/17/04 1:47 am - Conroe, TX
just got off the phone with dr.'s office. My first attempt was denied. Now, I know what I need to do to appeal. I have to see a Physchiatrist that specializes in baratric patients for a series of visits (most likely two) and do a three month supervised diet and exercise program and then resubmit. I am a revision from a VBG done almost ten years ago, so that is some of the reason for all the hurdles. The insurance company making it clear to my surgeons office, that just because I do all of this doesn't mean it will then be overturned, BUT, that is what they would like to see to consider it again. Office says they feel good about it getting overturned though?? Does it seem strange to anyone else that they will put you on a diet to lose weight, and if you do, then they will let you have the surgery????? Anyway, at least it is something and three months goes by so fast, and I have read enough profiles on this web site to know that the struggle have been much more difficult for alot of you. And for that I respect each and everyone of you. So think good thoughts and I will check in periodically and update. Thanks for always being here to listen. Amy
sjbob
on 11/20/04 2:41 pm - Willingboro, NJ
First of all, you got a quick response (albeit a negative one) to your initial inquiry. Secondly, most insurance companies are now requiring a 6 month supervised diet unless your original surgery has come undone. Finally, if you lose weight while on a supervised diet that has to be healthy for you. It doesn't mean they'll assume you can lose all of your weight without surgical assistance. Also, you may try to lose weight under a medically supervised diet and fail. Don't try to fail. We have too much negativity in our lives. Just try your best. And, try to get to any support meetings that you can. Keep in contact with the people here and on the main message board.
(deactivated member)
on 11/21/04 9:02 am - TX
Amy, I had a revison after 7 years from VBG to RNY. It went right through and the same insurance paid for the second. Do you have any complications from the vbg? A lot of VBG's have failed. Good luck to ya! ~Diana
Most Active
Recent Topics