From Lap-Band to DS

Vanessa B.
on 2/24/05 1:29 pm - Jonesborough, TN
Hello Everyone, My name is Vanessa and I am currently researching revision surgery. My Lap-Band has not produced success for me. I attended a seminar yesterday in Nashville with the only surgeon who performs revision surgery in Tennessee. Now I have to attempt to get insurance to approve this revision procedure. Unlike the Lap-Band there is hope that my insurance will cover this. I have a different insurance now also than I did back in 2003. My chances are better at gaining approval. According to the surgeon at this seminar, my best option would be to go from Lap-Band to Duodenal Switch. This would be a huge step but maybe this would finally help me regain my health. That is my only concern. Looking better would just be the bonus. Thank you for listening......... Vanessa Brown
Kathyrip
on 2/26/05 8:30 am - Stafford, VA
Hi Vanessa, I had a revision from Lapband to DS on September 17th. I have lost 85 1/2 pounds since my DS surgery. It is the BEST thing I have ever done. I am so much happier with the DS than I was with the band. I am losing steady every week and I have no doubt I will meet my goal now. Good luck! Kathy 487/413/327.5/249? HW/SW/CW/GW
lmanning2004
on 3/13/05 9:29 am - Boston, MA
Oh Wow Kathy!!!! Congrats with your weight loss What made you change from the band to the DS. Please tell me all about your experience? How are your eating habbits now? When you get the DS are you still able to have children? When did you 1st get your band put on? Lez
lmanning2004
on 3/13/05 9:23 am - Boston, MA
Vanessa, So you already have the band in place? How is it? What is making you want to switch to the DS? I too was thinking of getting the band but now I am leaning towards the DS, now. Please tell me how your experience is with the band, are you just not satisfied with it because of the slow weightloss? Or is it something else? Do you consatantly get fills? How did you hear about the DS, and what do you think differs from each? The reason for all of my questions is because I am researching WLS and, at 1st I wanted the band, but I don't know if I really want it anymore. I don't think I can deal with the thought of the possibility of the band slipping or erosion, and getting them consant fill, not to mention PBing. Is it that bad to have the band, do you regret it? Lez
Most Active
Recent Topics