I HAD A REVERSAL.....ANYONE ELSE?

Sandy P.
on 7/19/05 3:40 am - Cincinnati, OH
If anyone has questions about revisions/reversals let me know. My reversal was on 5-4-05, and I am still on a feeding tube. Sandy Pierce [email protected] PS. I am glad this forum is here
Tammy W.
on 7/19/05 10:25 pm - West River, MD
why would you do that ?? was the Gastric bypass so bad ?? I am getting ready to go in for the surgery please tell me why I should or should not ? your on a feeding tube?? I wish you the best of luck in the world.
Nancy Degenmeister
on 7/23/05 10:53 pm - Bergen County, NJ
Her story is in her profile... Nancy
Brandy P.
on 7/20/05 3:15 am - Oxford, CT
I am very interested in your posts. Why the reversal ? Whats going on with you? Can you share more of your experience with us ?
Cassandra K
on 7/21/05 3:37 pm - Reno, NV
Sandy, I just wanted to wish the best of health and fast healing. I'm so sorry for all you've been through. I read through your profile and it all seemed to being going well for you in the beginning. It's very nice of you to offer support to others and it's important that we all know all sides of all the wls surgeries so that we can be on the lookout for any potential problems. Thanks for sharing your story. I understand that any type of abdominal surgery puts one at more risk for bowel obstructions. Even normal people that have never had abdominal surgery can get them. How unfortunate that it hit you three times. I hope that your stomach starts working soon. I understand that in the revisions from RNY to DS that the stomach and pylorus usually start working again naturally. I wish the same for you. It's good to know that the vitamin B1 levels need to be checked along with all the many other vitamin and blood levels and bone scans etc we have checked annually or more often if there is a problem. Please get healthy soon. Wishing you the best. Cassandra
Bonnie M
on 7/25/05 10:54 am - Sioux Falls, SD
I had a revision and gall bladder out May 3, 2005. I am doing great, lost 70 lbs. so far. I was very lucky and had no complications either time. 20 years ago I had a VBG and it broke down about 7 years ago. I had gained back all the weight plus 40 more. Sorry that you've been through so much, like I say--I was lucky. (so far)
Divine Lady
on 7/30/05 4:59 am - Suburb, MI
Sandy, Thanks for sharing your story. You are very brave to do so and I applaud you. I am hoping to have an RNY soon and I appreciate going in with my eyes fully open. People sometime get angry with those who have an experience that is not so positive but your sharing helps us so that we know what to be on the look out for. The sharing of your experience could save a life. I hope that you feel better soon and that you are restored to health.
Sharon Larson
on 8/21/05 4:55 am - Van Nuys, CA
Oh Sandy---I read your story---how heartbreaking. But I too am so glad you shared. You have helped this reader to be more vigilant. I am only 8 weeks post lap RNY, and I get so tired of drinking protein shakes, that I must admit, there are days I go to bed having consumed only 30 grams of protein for the day. Yesterday I forgot to take my 2 multivitamins. I keep saying, oh, one day won't hurt anything. And I'm probably right, but it starts a pattern. Your story has made me think. Like what you said about the thiamine deficiency. My doctor has told us that 2 multi vites a day is enough. Pre op I was a supplement groupie. I took 1 B-100 complex capsule every day, in addition to many other supps. I have resumed that as of today, after reading your story. When you look at the amounts of vites in those multivite chewables over the counter, it's a joke. And with malabsorption now an issue, how much of THAT am I absorbing. thank you again for your words, and God bless you for a full recovery. Sharon
Most Active
Recent Topics