Revision???

SUSAN P.
on 9/24/05 12:58 am - WAUKEGAN, IL
Hi. Has anyone had the VBG taken out and nothing redone? I am getting this taken out but am not sure if I want to do a RNY or just leave well enough alone. I was wondering if anyone has done this and what if any problems you have had. I am going through all the tests right now to make sure i can handle the surgery. I was surprised by all the stuff I have to do since I never did any testing before my VBG. What a difference between to drs...I went to a support group for the first time too and really enjoyed it. Thanks.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/25/05 11:59 pm - Tuvalu
Don't forget to look into the DS as well. I have the LapBand, but it has to go. I considered RnY, but two years out, it's kind of like a band--restriction, but the malabsorption is all gone. I've already done poorly with just restriction, so I'm moving on. Anyway, check out ALL your options and good luck! Sue
losinit
on 10/27/05 5:49 pm - Oakwood, TX
I HAD VBG 84. LOST 85 GAINED 150. POOH! EASY TO CHEAT AND MY SURGEON SAYS IT IS JUNK. 9/19 HAD RNY REVISION. WHILE WE LOSE SLOWER THE RESULTS ARE BETTER. YOU HAVE A JUMP ON TOLERANCE AND DUMPING. IF YOU LEAVE IT BE WILL YOU BE HAPPY REGAINING? ONLY PROB I HAD WAS POST OP INFECTION. IT IS BEING CORRECTED. IT IS WORHT IT. THE VBG WILL CONTINUE TO BREAK DOWN AND LEAVE YOU WITH NO PROTECTION. BLESS YOU. GO FOR IT!
Most Active
Recent Topics