Do you lose wieght slower...

poppink
on 10/24/05 2:08 pm - owensboro, KY
Do you lose wieght slower with a revision?If you have a rny revision ?
Sewcrazy
on 10/25/05 7:36 am - Largo, FL
I had my first WLS in 1979 I lost only about 90 lbs and with this revision I've already lost 114 lbs in 10 months and still losing. I don't find it's slower . I have stalls but I get though them, I stay on track. Carole
cocalady
on 10/25/05 12:16 pm - Northeast, CT
Hi Carole, I am having a revision on 12-07-05, my first VBG was back in the 80's and I too gained back all the weight and then some. Was the surgery itself more or less difficult this time. I remember having an awful lot of pain the first time. My surgeon will be having an epidural put in and states I should not be in alot of pain this time. I realize the revision can be riskier, but I just want to be healthy and enjoy life again.. There doesn't seem to be any people going through revisions in the support group I attend and it is good to come here and read about the ups and downs. I have been going throught the process for a year and I am ready for my new life. Thanks for your positive attitude!!! Laura R
hessie28
on 10/28/05 2:06 pm
Hi, I just had my revision on October 11th. It was a little more painful then the first gastric bypass. Although I am bouncing back quicker with less weight. I had gained back 41 pounds. My first loss was 165 pounds. It is riskier but I think worth it. I lost 17 pounds already. Of course still on a liquid diet. They say the surgery is more difficult but mine didn't seem to be. Good Luck
FOGHORN
on 10/31/05 1:25 am - sweet home, OR
i just had my revision last wednesday. `cant give you too much info yet but i would bet i will be very close to the last one based on how strictly i follow the eating and vitamin plans. lots more support now as you probably know. dave
mamamc
on 11/3/05 9:14 am - AL
I went from a gastroplasy in 83 to a RNY 4 weeks past ..I was plugged up with scar tissue.. on the outside of my pouch...The scar tissue had made my inside a mess...Was sick for 6 months before they figured out what was going on. Lots of pain...my orgional doc died 4 yrs after I had it done..So follow ups were ..NONE..just went with it by the seat of my pants.. I was one of the blessed ones didn't gain the wt back... my gastroplasy was so scarred up and antque they gave me a RNY... Several in my S group said the pain hasn't been bad...wishing you the best of luck Wendy
losinit
on 11/22/05 2:31 am - Oakwood, TX
According to my surgeon, yes. I am finding it true. I look at it differntly tho. It feels safer medically. My body is adjusting better. I am praying it also lasts longer. I am 2 mo post op
Most Active
Recent Topics