my revision Denied is there hope for me ?

msnell
on 11/26/05 3:22 am - Naperville, IL
I have Aetna and they denied me. My 1st denial, They said not enough information from 6 month of weight and exercise program. and I was not compliant with the nutrition and exercise program. The new self clinic wants the nutritionist to rewrite a more detail report do you all think that it will help me get my surgery ?
Patty_D.
on 11/28/05 7:08 pm - Kershaw, SC
Please don't give up yet! The insurance companies are hoping people will give up and they won't ahve to pay. That is WHY we have some of the hoops to go thru. And some of the hoops are really good for us and make us think hard about what we are about to do and help us see if we are really ready for this. This was your first try, find out what they need from you and do your best to get them all they need, You may have to work on the 6 month diet thingy, but do it if they need it and keep up the faith, you can also make it. Just don't give up yet!! Patty
itzmyturn
on 12/1/05 11:15 pm - Dallas, TX
I had Aetna this time last year, and I too was denied for my revision. They basically said the same thing, there was no real proof that my first surgery was a failure and they wanted to see if I was compliant. Long story short, my first surgeon unfortunately had no structured "follow up" program. And I was not aware of the fact that I should have been documenting my progress. I still sent in over 100 pages of my previous medical records, whi*****luded info from my previous surgeon ( not after care notes, just info about my surgery and what he did). I just wanted to tell you NOT to give up..try to give them whatever they ask for. I have heard of Aetna paying for revisions. I was blessed because my husband was offered a new job and they had United Healthcare. I was approved in only 3 days. So.. you never know what the future may hold.. just hang in there.. Best Wishes Denise Revision Open RNY 12-20-05
Most Active
Recent Topics