Is revision possible with RNY-distal?

Rosanna Garland
on 1/15/06 10:02 am - Bulan, KY
I had OPEN RNY-distal on 8-22-02. I only lost 93 pounds. I have had several complications with my surgery. First of all it was suppose to have been LAP RNY-distal but because of a previous gallbladder surgery and scar tissue I ended up having OPEN. I got a staph infection and had to have all the staples removed and packed with saline and sterile guauze for almost 4 months. Each time the dressing was changed, I literally felt like my whole insides were coming out with the dressing. It has been no pic nic. I dont understand why I havent lost more weight because I do exercise and follow a high protein low carb and low sugar diet. I was just wandering if maybe something was wrong with my surgery that maybe needed another surgery to fix. When I asked my surgeon about it, he basically changes the subject. I am thinking about going to another surgeon for a check up. I was just wandering if there was such a thing as a revision for the RNY-distal. Maybe my pouch needs to be made smaller or something. Has this happened to anyone else out there or am I all alone in this battle of the bulge??? My preop weight was 352. I am now 259.
RobinH
on 1/15/06 11:26 pm - Mustang, OK
Hi Rosanna, you might check out the yahoo revision group. I am attaching the link. I haven't heard of a distal revision but that doesn't mean anything. Good Luck!!http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WLSrevisionsupport/
help
on 1/31/06 4:13 am - lipan, tx
Im 2 1/2 years out lost 105 lbs and have gained back about 35. would like to consider a revision, seriously
Most Active
Recent Topics