Endoscopic Revision

help
on 1/31/06 4:04 am - lipan, tx
Please explain to me what all types of revision their are. Im thinking i need one.
help
on 1/31/06 4:02 am - lipan, tx
Ok I dont understand and I want to. You can have a revision on RNY, you can do revision on lap band, you can revise a lap band with RNY, you can revise a RNY with a lap band or, all of the above. I know this sounds like a stupid question, but Ive had RNY and am already thinking about revision. What is the criteria, like a certain amount of weight gain?
help
on 1/31/06 4:05 am - lipan, tx
Please tell me about revisions, this is something that im seriously thinking about.
CarmallaH
on 2/3/06 5:38 pm - '278/226/ Ellis, TX
Hello, Please keep me informed too. I just posted after this post about wanting to know about the band over RNY, but I am interested in anything that is non invasive and can repair what I believe is a failed Stoma.. Thanks Carmalla
WJ
on 2/4/06 1:51 am - Miami Beach, FL
I just thought I'd post an update since so many of us are in need. I called Dr. Thompson's office for info. - they couldn't tell me about insurance or much about the procedure. They want you to come into Boston for a consultation (with your upper GI/endoscopy results?). He's booked through May 2006. I'm seeing my primary next week to see about an upper GI so I can have a definitive answer- once I do, I'll schedule my consult (his office is about 15min. from the airport and Airlines such as Delta/Song (out of Ft. Lauderdale) are resonable and convenient. The receptionist did say they are trying to minimize the number of trips for the out-of-towners (hopefully down to the consult and the actual procedure). It is done in a "same-day-surgery" setting with anesthesia- I did gather that they need Respiratory Clearance because of the Anesthesia. Good luck to all- Keep us posted!! Wendy
teegeezfun
on 4/3/06 11:13 am - Lawrence, MA
Hi, i joined this forum today just to respond to this post. I met with Dr. Thompson last thursday, March 28. I called back in early december for this appointment. I had a RNY in 91 and have had good weight loss until last year when I started packing on the weight again. My original surgery was performed by Dr. Peter Benotti here in boston back then. In 96 i started to experience stomach pain and acid and have been on prilosec ever since. this is significant because if you have damage or scar tissue in your stomach or esophogas due to acid, you may not be a candidate for Dr. Thompson's procedure. Anyway, I need a revision but am a bit scared about another open procedure so I hope i am selected as a candidate for Dr. Thomspson's procedure. He is a really cool guy, very down to earth and easy to understand, but clearly a brain... He has ordered barium swallow for this friday and a laparoscopic exam for next friday to acertain the amount of scar tissue i have in my pouch. I already have a date for my surgery. they scheduled it for May 31 if all goes okay with the tests. If not, Dr. Thompson may recommend a lap band over the pouch as an alternative. i will keep you posted.
teegeezfun
on 4/7/06 1:06 pm - Lawrence, MA
just got back from m barium swallow. there is definately a diversion that was seen. next week i go for my endoscopy to determine scar tissue involvement. i'll let you know.
Most Active
Recent Topics