Endoscopic Revision

WJ
on 1/20/06 8:13 am - Miami Beach, FL
I was following a previous thread on this topic (with Dr. Thompson). I came across an article by Michael Schweiztzer at Johns Hopkins alluding to this procedure. I think Tammi had this done and others are looking into it- can I get an update.... How are you doing ? Has anyone else consulted with Dr. Thompson?? Thanks, Wendy (RNY 1999 ; going up up up)
donnabug57
on 1/23/06 10:15 am - Port St. Lucie, FL
Hi Wendy, I made an appointment today with Dr. thompson in Boston, he does a repair going through your esphogus, can make your pouch and stoma smaller. I called my insurance and they said that my insurance would cover this if i had medical necessity. I just finished with my appeal process for a revision to a band around the pouch and stoma. My insurance denied me based on "One bariatric surgery in a liftime" I gave them the codes the doctors office gave me and they said yes if medically necessary. I could not get an appointment until the middle of May. I can't wait for my packet to come in will have more information. This just seems to good to be true. If I get anymore information, will post it. Thanks Donna /RNY 2003: 243/196 NOW 250
WJ
on 1/23/06 10:21 pm - Miami Beach, FL
Donna, That's great news! I'm ready to go either route- although I did so well with my RNY for 4 years. If we can turn back the clock. I'm switching insurers right now - interesting about the "one bariatric in a lifetime" Which insurer? Anyway- I'm 3 steps behind you so keep me updated. I'm just thrilled that there is hope. Wendy RNY 1999 (lost 130lbs - gained way too much)
donnabug57
on 1/23/06 11:36 pm - Port St. Lucie, FL
Wendy, I have insurance through QVC, we are self insured, but we go through Independent Blue Cross Blue Shield of Pennsylvania. The insurance is great, I know of at least 300 people where I work that has had the surgery, I am the first that has needed a revision. I started the appeal process at 7 months post op, they just have fought me for over 2 years, I even hired an attorney, which was a waste of time and money. Will keep posting as I find out more about this. Are you getting new insurance through work or on your own? Good luck with everything, maybe I'll see you in Boston. Doinna
sudio45
on 1/25/06 9:22 am - Fairborn, OH
Did you say 300 people wher eyou work has had the surgery? That's quite a lot!
sudio45
on 1/24/06 7:56 am - Fairborn, OH
Keep us posted. I'm glad there is hope. This is probably the up and coming surgery. I am 4 yrs post op and doing great but i work very hard at it. It is a lifelong battle. Please keep me posted regarding your revision.
donnabug57
on 1/25/06 7:31 am - Port St. Lucie, FL
Thanks so much for the up beat email, I need that. I will sure keep all posted about this surgery, The doctor must be very busy, cause I can't get an appointment until May and that is just for the consultation, I have heard from a couple of people who have had this procudure they are losing weight and said it was a piece of cake. Thanks again, Donna Boney
fradycat007
on 1/24/06 5:51 am - MEMPHIS, TN
HI DONNA IF YOU CAN GET MORE INFO PLEASE KEEP ME POSTED ALSO...YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT [email protected] OR CONTINUE TO POST HELPFUL INFO ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD. I READS IT EVERYDAY THANKS KAREN MASON
tmmoore1971
on 1/29/06 10:31 pm - Gastonia, NC
I live in North Carolina, and wanted to know if a Baratric surgeon can do this endoscopic revision?? My insurance will not pay for the lap band., Toni B
donnabug57
on 1/30/06 12:12 am - Port St. Lucie, FL
Toni, I think this is a fairly new procedure, and I think Dr.Thompson is the only one that does this procedure, it is different from a revision in that it is non- invasive. My insurance will cover this but not a revision to anything else, or I hope so. I have my appointment in 4 months just for the consultation, if your interested, I would make the appointment right away, he is very very busy. Hope this helps. Donna B
Most Active
Recent Topics