Revision Question's

Linnrr
on 3/5/06 9:41 am - San Juan Capistrano, CA
I dont even know what the suregery I had done in 93 was called.There was a ring at the top of my pouch nothing was cut and I had staples. Well need less to say I am 100 pounds up and have gotten approval for my surgery.I only need to apy the dposit and see the surgeon and I can have it done within a month. Gosh, I remember how I used to throw up the first few years.Now I am getting very cold feet.Any imput form all of you out there I would like to hear from you.I live in Southern Cal.I just turned 60 ,yesterday..yuck! Lin
RobinH
on 3/5/06 7:55 pm - Mustang, OK
Happy Birthday!!!!! 60 is young now-a-days!!!! My mom is 62 and at 59 had bypass and has already had a body lift, tt, bl and her arms done. It can all be done and you will do great!!!! I live in Oklahoma, but I wanted to say; you will do great and congrats on getting it approved. I am still trying!! Good Luck!!!!
LyndaNull
on 3/6/06 10:37 pm - Conroe, TX
I think you had the same surgery I had - VBG. I had my revision surgery on a week ago, on Feb. 27. The doctor was expecting the surgery to be longer than usual because of scar tissue, but mine was the longest he has ever had. It lasted 8 hours, but everything went fine. I had lots of scar tissue, and my stomach had grown together in pieces. In addition to that, my stomach wall was very thick and Dr. Wilson had to use the "stapler" twice to make everything hold. I had to stay in the hospital longer than others, 5 days, but I am doing great. I go this afternoon for my one week checkup. I think I have lost almost 10 pounds. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.
Gretchen N.
on 3/26/06 10:15 pm - Bloomington, MN
Lin - Oh how I wish I was back in Orange County - left there in 78 and have been trying to get back ever since! Here is my saga -- I had a stomach staple in 1979 - not sure what the name of this type was. I am having RNY on 4/24/06 and my surgeon is going to try to do it lap - if too much scar tissue will do open. He expects if all goes well between 3-4 hour surgery. I last a lot of weight after my surgery in 79 however I have now put back 100 pounds. After reading some of these posts I am getting a little nervous about the whole thing but since I have had GERD and live on TUMS I am willing to try anything to not have this problem any longer. I remember going home after a week in the hospital and no one told me what to do - I just had to learn by experience and what experience that was - throwing up all the time and feeling like I was having a heart attach every time I would attempt to eat. This go around I have so much support I know it will be much easier - at least I know to be on liquids for a while and how to progress to real food. I think my feet are about as cold as yours are but I'm getting a lot of support from the members here - Would love to go through this with you - if interested let me know. Good luck! Gretchen
Most Active
Recent Topics