LAPBAND REVISION? NO?

spykitty
on 3/10/06 9:38 am
Well, basically my doctor told me if indeed my band was slipped or not in the proper placement, he would not fix it, HE SAID ITS NOT A FIXABLE THING. I asked why and he said its difficult and usually if that happens they go directly to rny. Does that sound right to you? I THOUGHT FOR SURE THAT if a slippage occured you can fix it or reposition the band. Please respond!!!! What do you think?
Bonnie R.
on 3/11/06 1:14 pm - Amarillo, TX
Slips are very fixable! The band can be unfilled and can go back into place on it's own, or can be surgically repostioned. Is your doc new to banding? You might want to get a second opinion!! Good Luck! Bonnie
SMC
on 3/14/06 6:00 am - Somewhere in, TX
Bonnie, I'm glad that you have all this knowledge! I will hopefully be having a lap band by June (maybe). I'm still waiting on a response from the insurance company. Thanks for all your great responses to peoples questions. Netta
RoseS
on 3/13/06 3:58 am - Wappingers Falls, NY
I have a slipped band and I am secheduled for March 28 for a revision. It was explained that it is a simple revision. If they cannot repair the slip, they cut out the band part and replace it without having to replace the entire band...they just replace the circle part that goes around the stomach. rose New York
joanipedi
on 3/13/06 10:25 am - Justice, IL
It is definately fixable. My lapband slipped, and the doctor went in laproscopically and fixed it..Good Luck
~~Sami~~ *.
on 4/11/06 6:34 am - Jacksonville, FL
Find a different, more experienced surgeon. If your Band has slipped, it's an easy fix. The only time I've heard of them going straight to an RNY or DS is in cases of erosion when the Band has actually damaged the stomach. A simple slip is no reason to go to a bypass.
Most Active
Recent Topics