reversals?

tgarbee
on 3/14/06 12:35 am - R, VA
I had gastric bypass on Jan. 25, 2006 and it was the worst decision of my life. I want and need a reversal. Has anyone had an actual reversal? If so I have lots of questions. Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 3/15/06 4:38 am - TX
What's wrong, hun? I haven't had a reversal but I understand one can have a complete 100% reversal of the GBP. Are you throwing up? Are you dumping? I had a GBP in 94 and have regained 140 lbs and am hoping to have a revision to a DS soon. Have you talked to your surgeon about a reversal? Are you losing weight? Tell us more details, please and I'll bet there will be others who can help you. I hope this finds you feeling better today.
Rosanna Garland
on 3/15/06 9:39 am - Bulan, KY
I am not sure if there is a reversal surgery for RNY.....I know there is a reversal for the lap band.........but dont think they can make your stomach the same again after its been stapled and the intestines bypassed....let me know if you find out any different. What has gone wrong with your surgery? I experienced a great deal of discomfort the first 4 months....I got a staph infection and all my outer staples had to be removed and I was packed with saline and sterile gauze...you could literally see all of my insides....it was the worse pain I have ever experienced in my whole life...but I now do not regret the surgery...but in those first 4 months I wished I had never done that to myself.
MDIASMOORE1969
on 3/16/06 11:55 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Tammy... So sorry to hear that you are having problems. I want to say that it will get better but if you have read any of my posts you will see that I have had some real trying times. I had my surgery in 12/98 and have been having so many complications. Though I went from 347 to 165 lbs., I am now gaining. I am hoping that I find a new surgeon to do a revision. Good luck and hang in there... the first few months were rather rough... the pain was horrid but for most it gets better. Don't give up. You have all of us here... and we understand!!! Especially me... Email me anytime... and I will get back to you as soon as I can. My new email address is [email protected] Maria
Nancy Degenmeister
on 3/20/06 4:03 am - Bergen County, NJ
Most surgeons who do takedowns will only consider doing them if the patient is having serious health problems. It's a more dangerous surgery than the original surgery. What has your surgeon said about all of this? Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics