REVISION needed... I'm so bummed!

MDIASMOORE1969
on 3/16/06 11:49 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi there... I am hoping to find a surgeon that will do a revision of my RNY (12/98). The last gastroenterologist that I saw said that my stomach has openings everywhere and food is getting stuck which is causing so much problems. I could have told him that for free..... I'm so frustrated. I can feel the food going down... and when I get nauseous and start to heave, nothing but fluid will come up and it feels like the stomach opening closes shut and the food wants to come up but won't. It hurts so much.... Anyways... I have had so many complications... I just want a pain free day!!! The only relief I get is when I go to the ER and get an IV pain medication. I wish I could do that at home... then life would be good. The pain patches didn't even work for me... I'm gonna email and call every doctor in DE until I find someone.... my orig. surgeon moved and his old practice no longer does the surgery so that's not an option.
LyndaNull
on 3/16/06 8:43 pm - Conroe, TX
If you get so desperate that you are willing to travel to Houston, I have a wonderful surgeon who does revisions. My surgery took 8 hours because of scar tissue and other issues. If you are interested, go to the surgeon page and look him up. His name is Dr. Erik Wilson.
(deactivated member)
on 3/17/06 4:44 am - TX
Is that a revision to another RNY or a revision to a DS?
LyndaNull
on 3/17/06 6:23 am - Conroe, TX
The revision I had was from a VBG to a RYN. You would have to contact him to see exactly what kind of revisions he does. Also, he recently received an award of excellence from the American Bariatric Society.
MDIASMOORE1969
on 3/17/06 8:46 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Unless I hit the lottery I won't be travelling anywhere far to have my surgery. Wow~~8 hours?? I know that I have adhesions and scar tissue galore. During my last surgery, the surgeon told me she sprinkled this stuff (forgot name) around the incision area and said it might help with that. It didn't but it was worth trying. Also, when I had an ovarian cyst removed, the doctor said that she had to cut through so much scar tissue and that my uterus had grown into the abdominal wall. That explains some of my pain...
RobinH
on 3/17/06 8:28 am - Mustang, OK
Hi Maria, I am also a revision but from a VBG. You should join the Yahoo revision group. There are so many great and knowledgeable people on there. I am sure that someone will know of someone around you. I tried to post the link but of course I can't get it to work. Sorry. I would just go into Yahoo and put gastric bypass revison group and search. It will come up. It sounds like that your stomach is not transected. They will be able to help you!! Good Luck with your journey!! I am waiting on my Insurance. Robin
MDIASMOORE1969
on 3/17/06 8:46 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Thanks... I will check it out! Have a great weekend.... Maria
Most Active
Recent Topics