Going CRAZY...UPDATE 2

turnbough7
on 4/6/06 4:27 am - AL
Hi! I had my endoscopy this morning. The doctor told me "everything looked fine to me." No ulcers, hernia, etc. He said size looked normal, too, but he said that this is not the best view for telling that. So - the radiologist told me that my pouch emptied "way too fast" and that it had come "undone" and was stretched a lot. Aren't these two conflicting reports. So worried. My surgeon said he would call me probably next week. Anyone else have two conflicting reports like this? Any opinions? Does this mean that I will have no chance at revision? Scared and worried!
RobinH
on 4/6/06 10:47 am - Mustang, OK
No, I don't think that you don't have a chance for a revision. I don't remember what type of surgery you had. Who is your Insurance? If you never lost all your weight from the original you can prove that it wasn't the best for you and need to be revised to complete your weight loss. I will try and go back to your original post since you don't have a profile. Don't beat yourself up, so much!!!! You are not the only person in this situation. There are a lot of us. Have you ever thought about going on the Yahoo Revision message board? There are a lot of great people on there. I actually got my appeal letter from a lady on there and formatted one of my own by her templet. I finally got approved after a second appeal. Don't worry and have faith!!!!! Good Luck!! Robin
turnbough7
on 4/6/06 11:50 am - AL
Thanks Robin. I had an RNY in 2002. I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield now but had a different insurance then. I have been reading on the Yahoo Revision Message Board, too. I am just very impatient. I don't want to gain anymore weight during the wait but most of all I don't want to be denied. My surgeon's office said they will call early next week to let me know what the results are according to them. I will update when I find out. Thanks again for the encouragement, and contrats and good luck on your upcoming revision - it is right around the corner ! Tabatha
RobinH
on 4/6/06 12:14 pm - Mustang, OK
Just make sure that you have everything completed and done that they ask for. Have you contacted BCBS? You might want to so you will know what they require you to have done. Also, I meant to mention this earlier but what the Gastro see's regarding your EGD may very well be different than what your surgeon see's. What he does is make sure that your stomach looks OK. BUT, he will measure your stomach and the stoma. The measurements will tell the surgeon how big they are. I know that the surgeon that I am using this time puts a band at the bottom of the pouch so when you are about 1 year out it still takes longer for the food to digest. He also does distal so I will dump. Boy, do I need that!! I have been really bad the last couple of weeks since I found out I was approved. I know that I have gained weight and will probably get in trouble. I think I will start a really high protein diet, Monday. Anyway, it will all be OK!!!!! Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics