Shaved for surgery?

Marie R.
on 12/14/07 2:47 am - Canada
Hi there, Just wondering, for those of you that had lap RNY, did you have to have your private bits shaved before the surgery? It sounds like for open the answer is pretty much a certain YES ... but I was sure hoping that for a lap surgery, they let you keep your woolies on your private bits. Cheers, Marie
Jandell
on 12/14/07 2:50 am - Glendora, CA
I had lap RNY and was not shaved.
Jan
I know I can, I know I can
Kerrrry
on 12/14/07 2:52 am - Australia
Nope, not me.  Mine was open and I woke with my fluffy bits still fluffy.
DEBI R.
on 12/14/07 2:52 am - CORSICANA, TX

I HAD LAP RNY 11/9 AND I DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING SHAVED. I DIDN'T GET TO WEAR MY PANTIES, BUT DIDN'T FEEL LIKE WEARING THEM ANYWAY UNTIL I LEFT THE HOSPITAL THE NEXT DAY TO GO HOME. HOPE THIS HELPS. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND GOD BLESS, DEBI

Kristi J.
on 12/14/07 2:53 am

Not unless you have a hairy tummy!!  No shaving here.

Marie R.
on 12/14/07 2:59 am - Canada
YAY!  YAY!  YAY!!! I am soooooo glad to see all these answers!!   I was over on my regional board, where all surgery types post ... and a thread started up about shaving and it looked like most people were shaved (or waxed) before hand. Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!!!! Cheers, Marie
Sally W.
on 12/14/07 3:49 am - IA
I had open.  Was not shaved anywhere!  :)
Sally
wendygail
on 12/14/07 4:20 am - Live Oak, FL
Had lap RNY. Still had it all.
 It's a great day to be alive.        
Jasmine130
on 12/14/07 4:24 am - Redwood City, CA
I had LAP RNY.  I tried to get them to shave my legs for me but they didn't shave ANYTHING. -Jasmine
BELOW GOAL! Proud and Grateful Member of the Double Century Club
Pre-Op/Current/Initial Goal:  354/127.5/150
Tummy Tuck and Lower Body Lift Done on 05/11/2009
Mastopexy with Augmentation and Brachioplasty Done on 10/08/2009
 I  My RNY!

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/07 4:28 am
Nothing is quite striking as a shorn scrotum...OOPS!!! that's a quote from a movie..I wouldn't know- don't have a scrotum!! Just being silly- Dawn
Recent Topics