5 Day Pouch Test?

SonyaB
on 8/26/09 1:07 pm - Mantachie, MS

Hello! How is everyone? I know it has been a while since I have been on but since I started college and my kids in jr high and high school that gets most of my time here lately. I wouldn't even be doing the college thing if I didn't have this surgery. Ok my question here is has anyone did the 5 day pouch test? How was the results? Did you start losing weight again? I am seriously at a stall and it is eating at me so bad. I am 5'7" and weigh 219. When I started in May 08 I was at 309. I need to find a way to get to losing weight again. I lost 1 pound in 3 months. Please anyone tell me what I can do and especially if this 5 day pouch test has helped you.

Thanks Bunches
Sonya B

Laurie M.
on 8/26/09 1:11 pm - Anaheim, CA
I'm right there with you, I have been stalled for quite a while and I am feeling a bit hopeless like is this all the weight i'm gonna lose? UGH I'm very very frustrated. So when you get an answere please share it with me please!!!!
Laurie
5'6" -- HW 279.9/SW 270.0/CW 221.0/DGW 170/MGW 130
Jupiter6
on 8/26/09 1:16 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Stalls happen. They are part of the deal. Stay the course-- do what you know is right for your body, with or without the scale. It'll move again.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

SonyaB
on 8/26/09 1:21 pm - Mantachie, MS
I am scared the scale won't move much more. Especially since I am almost 16 months out.

Sonya
Jupiter6
on 8/26/09 1:14 pm, edited 8/26/09 1:26 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I think the 5 day pouch test is a bunch of crap, and here's why.

It's a diet. We've all been on diets. You lose weight-- and what happens when you go off the diet? Regain. Now I understand that some people do it to draw a line in the sand, to interrupt bad habits-- but it's really more of the all or nothing BS that got us fat in the first place. Moderation, not deprivation, is the key.

So we need to stop with the gimmicks and quick fixes...and doggedly forge ahead doing what is right. Plan meals that suit your program. Stop eating empty carbohydrates. Get your protein and liquids. Move when you can. And make those changes for life... sadly, there's no quick fixes.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

SonyaB
on 8/26/09 1:19 pm - Mantachie, MS
Jupiter6,

Thanks bunches! That is why I decided to ask on here before I tried it. I had gotten to where i was walking 1 1/2-2 miles a day but haven't been feeling so well and with school it kind of slowed me down some. I do though go out and let me boxer run and boy she keeps me going lol..she is very hyper and i get my exercise from dealing with her. I am just so mad that I have been at this stall for about 5 months and only losing 1 pound in 3 months...well at least i lost and not gained but i want to lose more. Thanks again.

Sonya
Laurie M.
on 8/26/09 1:19 pm - Anaheim, CA
I have been in such a stall I cant begin to think of what to do more protein maybe, I don't excercise that often due to low blood sugars but I stay active with the house and kids, I do not sit on me arse and eat Bon bons (LOL)I think maybe more water? maybe I'm just in a very slow losing phase does that happen? I only lost 9 lbs pre op, had surgery early due to gall stones. what do you think? any advise?
Laurie
5'6" -- HW 279.9/SW 270.0/CW 221.0/DGW 170/MGW 130
Jupiter6
on 8/26/09 1:25 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
My advise is to do what's right for your body and let the chips fall where they fall.

Emergency Bowel Repair
12/08 

Debbiejean
on 8/26/09 9:37 pm - Shelbyville, MI
And my advise for you is just a little more exercise. I have low blood sugars too but I will eat 1/2 banana before workouts then after. No excuses just do it. That is what all our bodies need...exercise. Moderation. It's all about lifestyle change.

I just went to Pilate's class this morning at 0545. Do I like to exercise? Well lets just say I embraced it big time. I will exercise now instead of stress eating.
Even though I have reactive hypoglycemia and Meniere's I still exercise.

I would suggest to you besides your walking start weight lifting at least 2-3 times a week. You don't have to join a gym either. Come on....you can do it, I know you can.

I'm 53, took me 2 years to get to goal size 6/8. My initial goal was to get into a size 14 or 16, I told myself I would be happy with that size. Because I exercised, made exercise buddies and enjoy being in classes I just kept at it, staying OFF the scale (it worked for me, might not for you) told myself it's not a race, this is my new life and gradually the weight came off.

So the challenge is on to all of you. Exercise. No excuses.
People with kids, exercise with them. I take my 7 yr. old granddaughter on 3 to 4 miles bike rides, she loves it. Of course we stop several times so she can rest but she does it...and she's having fun with grandma too.
Daspian
on 8/26/09 11:29 pm
Just poking this in here. I love the new pic.
David
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 438 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 445 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 294 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 341 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?