Question

Amanda S.
on 9/14/09 6:25 am - Boise, ID
I have seen recipes ad such with pasta, that isnt pasta.. LOL its squash or something...

Some please fill me in, and someone please point me to where it can be purchased... LOL And some recipes
~Amanda~
"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why. "

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

Just Valena
on 9/14/09 6:38 am - Nunyabizness
It's spaghetti squash. Look for it at your local grocery store or farmers market.
You bake it in the oven and then fle**** out with a fork...it 'looks' like spaghetti.
I like www.allrecipes.com You can do a search with the ingredients you want in your recipe.
Amanda S.
on 9/14/09 9:01 am - Boise, ID
What exactly do you mean fle**** out? LOL.. Im no specail cook. LOL. Thanks for the link too!

Where in the store should I find it.. Like in the dry noodles.. or fresh noodles... or.. LOL
~Amanda~
"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why. "

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

wyoctry
on 9/14/09 11:04 am - Riverton, WY
Here is how I cook mine.  Cut in half.. length wise.  Cover half  with plastic wrap and put in fridge to save for another day.  Place the other half, cut side down, on a microwave safe plate.  Add about a 1/4 cup water and cover with plastic wrap.  Microwave on high for 10'ish [depends on size] minutes to steam.
Be careful when taking out.. HOT!  Turn the squash over and take a fork and begin to "fle****  out"... scrap the insides out with a fork.  This will give you finely shredded spagetti squash.. like spagetti pasta.  I love it with a little butter, or sauce.  If you can buy the hormel cans of chili without beans.. just meat and sauce. heat up and pore over squash.  Yummy.

Have fun.  Pamela

Cynthia R.
on 9/14/09 12:26 pm - Montgomery, AL
Here is a picture of a speghetti squash cut in half.  It is found in the fresh vegetables.  Fle**** out just means to pull the insides out with a fork. 

H/S/C  314/310/145.0

Mary C.
on 9/14/09 7:10 am - Glovertown, Canada
You should be able to get spaghetti squash at just about ANY supermarket. If I can get it in small town Newfoundland - way up in the North Atlantic Ocean - I'm sure you can get it too. It makes an interesting meal - haven't had it in a while though. Try it out! And you can also do a google search for recipes.Enjoy!

bugpuddin
on 9/14/09 7:45 am - OH
Thread hijack @Mary:

Where are you in Newfoundland? Just curious - I'm a genealogist and I'm related to one of the founders, John Guy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Height: 5'9"
Highest weight ever: 330
Start of WLS journey: 290
Day of surgery 6/17/09: 280
Current: 156-159 (it varies)
Bod Pod results: 76% lean

I'm hourglass shaped - it's just that all the sand has sifted to the bottom.

Mary C.
on 9/15/09 11:43 pm - Glovertown, Canada
I live in Glovertown - about 35 mins east of Gander. I'm not a native Newfoundlander - I'm originally from Nova Scotia - but my husband is.

merowassa
on 9/14/09 9:24 am
Another "pasta that isn't pasta" option is shirataki noodles, which is a lot easier to prepare than spaghetti squash.  One of the great things about living in a city is that I can get them at my corner store, but I've read that other people buy them at Whole Foods and similar stores.
Highest weight: 279
Surgery weight: 263
Current weight:154
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 450 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 344 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views