XP... I pulled my stockings on over my head... UPDATED

martitalinda
on 6/17/10 2:32 am, edited 6/18/10 3:50 am

Titita's upside down hoisery ... CRAZY like me ...

I figured since I could not make it in to work a full day no matter how hard I tried or how resolved I was .... the floor kept  come up to greet my face ... and it seems my head was expanding outwards and inward like someone playing blow in and blow out with a balloon ...no matter how much I commanded the body to get in line with my spirit ... the nauseous waves swam over me drowning me and the disgusting gruesome taste in my mouth had me dry heaving up till last night ....

I am not one to be down ... I have to move, I have to do something, I have to occupy as the wheels in my head keep turning and turning ... the days are short and time is racing and at my age I still have so much to do ... so I refused to sit there idle....

Al comes in ... I am keeping them all at arms length - literally - and he shows me the arm compression garment that I put on at night to help with my swollen elbows ... six months out and the jokers still swell of their own volition ... he brings the garments and tells me he is going online to order me a couple pair more ... I said forget it ... YUP FORGET IT...

The wheels have been turning in my head for a while know .. trying to come up with something more efficient, handy and effective to aide/assist/enhance or whatever word you want to use me and my sistas on this journey where flaccidity with age and loose skin with weight loss are running rampant.  I had my modified brachio to develop balloon elbows at any given time whether unilateral or bilateral ... the joke is when there is nowhere to go those jokers are just fine ... go figure ...

Now you would think with all the big fish I have to fry ... and when I am in concentration mode running for my life ... the least of my problem are my wrinkled arse arms right? Yup those same arms that went a-flapping in my face once a year ago as I stood in church and the spirit hit me and I went waving in a frenzy only to have this slap, slap, slap patting me on the face to realize the skin fan fanning me back were my batwings ... ha ha ha....

So creative as I am ... and more times than not my creativity is a big flop ... I have been rolling the dice and thinking...

Why would I pay anywhere in the range of $49 to $99 for these type of compression hoses when what I really really really want and have been contemplating for so long is to have a sheer, support, upper body hose, sheer enough to wear a tank top with, a strapless with, or a sexy dress with without having some cumbersome girdle-type contraption sucking the air out of my lungs or losing a nail in the process of getting it over my elbow ...

So here I am prostrate but not mentally so ... I may want to puke but that does not mean I can't think... my wheels started rolling and I had a vision.... I told my DH to reach me the box of unopened Legg's support hoses ... and to bring me my good shears from my sewing room... I took those hoses and with one snip of my sharp sheers I cut out the crotch ... at which point Mr. Al sits down in the recliner .. far enough away yet close enough and has this lascivious grin on this face ... I told him not to get any ideas ... there was nothing 'sexy' to what I was doing ... then I shooed him off to his quarters ... I was in creative mode now... when the coast was clear I took the now crotchless hose ... and I cut off the toe ends of each leg ...REMEMBER SHEER SUPPORT HOSES... I stood up ... steadied myself on my legs that were wobbly for a split minute ... I held the hose by the waistband and stuck my head through the V (the hole I made where the crotch used to be) and stuck both my arms one through each leg ... I pulled the waistband down over my tits to my waist ... picture putting on a pair of stockings from the top end down (head to waist) instead of the bottom end up (legs to waist) that is the principle ... and VOILA... Sista here got what she wanted! ... now.. now.. now... give me a few minutes ... I have to work out in my head how I am going to finish off the sleeves and the neckline ... I wore that joker for a few hours ... fit like a glove and did the job... I'ma gonna be saving some big $$$ now...

Soooooooo never one to ogle my mischiefs ... I called my friend ... my WLS sista who went in a month before I did and who is battling some heavy duty batwings ... I told her what I did ... she asked me could she do the same with stockings in her size ... I said sure ... get the sheer support hose ... LEGGS... THEY DO NOT RUN ... and come on over let me hook you up ... mind you she is still a big girl but she has lost tons of weight and has tons of loose skin ... she was afraid she would not be able to get the stocking over her head and her arms through like I did... NOT THE CASE... if you can get the stockings over your hips you can most definitely get it over your head and shoulders ... when I was done she was hopping and jumping and squealing all over my establishment ... errrr my junkie sewing room... it did the job ... it pulled ALL the saggy flesh in ... seamlessly...

So now .. as I figure a way to make this upside down stocking idea 'dress-edible' .. or wearable I have to figure out ways to end the sleeves and the neckline ... I want for this joker to be able to be worn in true skin tone under a tank top for ones still dealing with batwings and for those of us who had had our wings clipped and are dealing with swelling and other issues to have a natural compressible garment in my case holding in my balloon end of the day elbows...

Al was thrilled to take pics ... and my long arse post I just wrote in less than 5 minutes is just a test ... of my endurance to be able to sit up in front of this screen and type without wooozing out like a punk ... I can deal with this ... I have been here before ....

So I cut my pantyhose and I pulled it over my head ... three snips of my sheers ... cut out the crotch and cut off the toes... and pulled the waistband down to my waistline..

martitaIcutmypantyhoseforsupport-1.jpg picture by martitalinda

Now I am trying to find creative ways to finish off the sleeves...
martitahosesupport1-1.jpg picture by martitalinda

Then I just cut the legs off of another pair and attached just have a section in the back and made some slimming sleeves... now look at the comparison with one arm in the stocking sleeve and the other is not ... well my modified brachio got rid of the batwings from the elbow up but what about the forearm ... I have skin that hangs into my plate ... check my arm out ... that my stocking craze is sucking in ... check the stocking arm out... then I thought about the gross taste in my mouth and I smell funny although I bathed three times this day ... and I want to eat a piece of fish sooooooooooo bad but I cannot for another five days ....
martitareversehoseforarmssupport-1.jpg picture by martitalinda

I know I know... nothing new under the rainbow ... but when I search for arm hosiery for support or for the flab or the jiggles all I come up with is stuff like this ... that cost an arm and a leg... when my Leggs from 3 pairs to a box for $4-5 dollars any ole day .... I already cut the toes out and wear them with my shorts ... the only mishap I ever had was wearing some cheapo brand I picked up and went gallivanting to the beach the very first time I ever put on a swimsuit post op and the darn things stretch and elongated and grew and grew I thought some creature from the deep had grabbed me ... that is the time I ran out of the water and fell flat on my face on the beach ... to be rescued by the most handsome lifeguard ... in a tangled web of nylon ... go figure ... only me...

This is a sample of some of the commercial stuff I used ... good stuff don't get me wrong ... but my crotchless idea is working smoother... and is more pleasant to my budget...

commercialarmhose.jpg picture by martitalinda

So I tried coming to work but could not make it ... so I will take it easy and get there on Monday in the interim I will occupy and try to NOT be too creative ... it is rubbing off ... KenKen made spaghetti sauce and AGAIN put in cinnamon instead of Paprika ... it is rubbing off ...

I am going to occupy and I am going to be happy ... regardless... and I will continue to command my body to get in line with my spirit ...

I got up this morning as I did the day before and got dressed to come to work ... just to sit back down with the effort... and KenKen collaged my pics for me .. and Al was thrilled taking my pictures with my cut off pantyhose ... what should I name this??? As my dad always called me Tita... short for for Martita ... my niece calls me Titita... short for Tia Tita (auntie Tita) ... so I am going to call my chopped up pantyhose for upside down wear to pull in the flaps or to soothe the swelling Titita's Upside Down arm support ... LOL ... and not .. it is not a body stocking ... it is a regular LEGGS SUPPORT HOSE ... cut the crotch... cut the toe parts and pull it over your head ... get it in skin tone or nude ... and watch the arm flaps get sucked in and the swelling go away... I swear by these stockings too ... they do not run and I wear them ALL the time ... in the summer I cut the toes off and wear my sandals too...

Another day in the journal of an old fool ... that it okay Don't Worry, Be Happy ... I am running for my life!

So I entered into my album my picture a day ...
martita6-16-10-aaCOLLAGE-2.jpg picture by martitalinda

Thanks for allowing me to share ....

UPDATE: WITH THE GREAT INPUT FROM MY FRIENDS ... I AM GOING TO TRY ALL THE OPTIONS OFFERED FOR THE SLEEVE ENDINGS ... INCLUDING ROSEMARIES IDEA FOR A 3/4 LENGTH ...

For now I just tucked a small hem in and tacked it down with stocking nylon thread ... tried it on with two sundresses and it works ... I am wearing mine today as you can see in my barearms picture my left elbow is starting to swell ... hmmmmmmm go figure that is the one with major issues since my modified brachio .... and my friend is buying 2 boxes of Leggs Support Hoses and bringing them over for me to snip snip with my shears ... cut out the crotch in a V and cut off the toes and she will have her own upside down hose to hold in her batwings and her jiggles... while I hold in my swelling and my forewings (lol)...

First picture no hose ... second and third pics hose ... kewl .. I love it...
martitaupsidedownhosecollage6-18-4.jpg picture by martitalinda
Close up with my upsidedown hose..
martitaarmswithuothose6-18-2010--3.jpg picture by martitalinda
Since my WLS 3 years for months ago I have taken a picture every single day ... starting at 4 months out since I had a late start due to postoperative complication .... I keep a journal
A PICTURE A DAY KEEPS THE POUNDS AWAY ...  and it works for me...

My weekly collage WITHOUT UPSIDE DOWN STOCKINGS ON...
martitaJune-16-2010-weekcollage--1.jpg picture by martitalinda

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Sue M.
on 6/17/10 4:14 am - Nantucket, MA
hilarious, inventive, creative and brilliant!  Keep us posted on the progress!

Feel better soon!
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
pammy927
on 6/17/10 8:26 am
How ingenious you are!!!!! love the story line too
martitalinda
on 6/18/10 3:53 am
LOL... thanks Pammy ... inguinuity has gotten this old fool in many predicaments (lol) ...

martitalinda
on 6/18/10 3:51 am

Thank you Sue ... I missed this notification .... LOL I had some real good input ... I love my OH Fam ... so I updated the post with the blind stitch hem ... but I am looking into bracelets, lace, apliquees and tons of other ideas I got from the great peep here ... love it!  Thanks for your encouragement and support!

Carebearny1999
on 6/17/10 10:10 am - Rochester, NY
Love it! LOL What about a nice, embroidered edge on the arms (kinda like a bracelet look)? Only thing this sewing-minded brain can come up with at the moment!
martitalinda
on 6/18/10 3:52 am
Hold that thought ... what a great idea ... the embroidered edge ... not that sounds cool   I am going to definitely try that... thanks for the input!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 214 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 214 views