Broth - clear liquids PRE-OP! yuck!!!

MarcosMom
on 11/13/10 4:39 am - Long Beach, CA
There are some awesome progresso LIGHT canned soups that you can cook and strain all the chunks out of, you get amazing flavor with no chunks (way better than soup base/plain broth).

As far as protein goes, I am a convert. I detest the powders and have switched to Isopure zero carb ready to drink. The apple melon tastes like apple pucker, a little sour, but almost completely masks the protein taste. My second favorite is grape frost to mix things up occasionally (icy orange is third). They are clear, best when cold, and easy to grab on the go. Glass bottles make it a bit bulky, but 40g of protein in 20oz, makes it easy to say "I'm at 50g protein today, I need 70, need to drink me 10 more ounces".

Good luck, the first couple weeks on clear liquids are the worst. Try some sugar free popsicles, they have good ones from Crystal light, also, plain water was a pain in the ass for me, I liked mixing in some crystal light, my favorite drink mix was lemon berry breeze by hawaiian punch it wasn't too sweet, or too sour.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 328 views