Vitamin smell in urine

PaulaDP
on 11/29/10 7:58 pm - Saudi Arabia
Hoping someone can help and tell me if this is normal.
I am about 3 1/2 months out from RNY and my urine smells like my multivitamin.  The urine is very yellow in colour and really has a strong smell.
The multi that I am taking is the GNC Women's Ultra Meg (a large green tablet).  I also take calcium citrate from GNC.
I have read that smelly urine can indicate dehydration but I really don't think that is the issue.  I take in over 2 litres of water every day.
Any help, guidance or advice would be appreciated.
My Blog - http://rouxenyjourney.blogspot.com/

KSchulz
on 11/29/10 8:17 pm - King George, VA
RNY on 12/21/10 with
I have not had surgery yet, but I have been taking vitamins for over a year now and my urine does smell of vitamin and yellow. It is normal. I freaked at first but Doctor was not concerned at all.
Kendra

bridget B.
on 11/29/10 9:15 pm
Your taking in plenty of fluids. I'd say it is the vitamins and not to worry.

Bridget Fortune Burns

Andrea U.
on 11/29/10 10:18 pm - Wilson, NC
It's normal.

The bright yellow is probably riboflavin.  It also stinks.

Dave Chambers
on 11/29/10 11:00 pm - Mira Loma, CA
Usually this urine color and odor happens within a couple of hours of taking your vitamins. I doubt it happens every time you go. Very dark urine indicates you're dehydrated.  You should probasbly take a daily dry D3 too , a minimum of 5K IU, probably more.  Standard D2 is not absorbed well. Unless the bottle specifically say D3, and only says vitamin D, it's almost a 100
% guarantee it's D2, not absorbed nearly as well as D3. D3 is also available in the less expensive formn of a softgel--you don't want that one cause the D3 is suspended in oil. You need a dry d3 capsule or pills.  Unless you're taking D3, your labs will most likely indicate very low d levels or show that you are below normal.  Good D levels are needed to help you absorb your caclium citrate properly. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 450 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 344 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 344 views