Feeling up to par?

Ladycavez
on 3/22/11 6:15 am
Hey friends,
How long would you say it took you after surgery to feel back to normalish? I'm 15 days post op. I still have tenderness in my belly at times, 2 of my incisions are still not fully healed--they are a little tender sometimes. I'm mother to 3 teenaged boys and I feel like they think I can be supermom, but I'm still feeling really tired at times. A trip to the store and some basic cleaning makes me feel like taking a rest.

So when did y'all resume wearing the cape??(Superwoman cape)

Thanks!!
AliSarah
on 3/22/11 6:21 am
I am anemic, so I'm still pretty tired, but I'd say I was able to mostly put my cape back on after a month or so... Then, my drs kind of scolded me for putting it back on too soon with the anemia, but were it not for the anemia, I think they would have been fine with that...

So, give it some time, it takes a while for the anesthesia to get all the way out of our systems!! :D 

Huggles!!
~Sarah~

HW 316/ SW 264/ CW 187/ GW 158  
poet_kelly
on 3/22/11 7:22 am - OH
I felt a lot better after about two weeks but honestly, it was three months before I felt back to normal.  Actually, after three months I felt better than what was normal before surgery.  I felt really good.  But it was a full three months.
(deactivated member)
on 3/22/11 7:48 am - TX
I am 21 days postop and mostly good, except when I overdo it. Then I have a setback for a day or two. I have to remind myself to just try to get through the workday then REST, but hard to do with three kids.
Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 3/22/11 8:10 am - Belleville, IL
To REALLY feel good where I wasn't waking up in the morning thiking about the surgery or any tenderness in my belly...Probably about a month (20-28 days)...

This IS major surgery, just because it is laproscopic does not mean it isn't...How long does it take someone who has had OPEN HEART surgery to feel better? An RNY is about the same as having an Open Heart Surgery operation in terms of damage done to your insides and recovery time....

That being said...It is worth every penny, and once I healed up I was ready to tackle ANYTHING even just a month out!

Good luck!
Warmly,
Jackie

Jennifer M.
on 3/22/11 8:18 am
I remember taking a shower would ware me out!  But at 6 weeks I went back to work..I was feeling pretty good..but the 12 hour shifts I was working would be hard after the 1st 4 hours...lol.  Then after 8..and now its back to normal..and just under 3 months.  However, when I did go back to work after 6 weeks I over did it the 1st day during those 1st 4 hours and pulled some stomach muscles.  So remember to take it easy and dont rush yourself like I did.  This was a major surgery we had!

__Laura__
on 3/22/11 10:12 am
I don't know if it's all the walking I've done since day 1 or what, but at a little over 1 week out, I feel 98% normal.  I sleep on my tummy, today I cleaned my house and rearranged some stuff (hubby did the heavy stuff) and doing the never ending laundry.  I haven't taken my pain meds for a couple days now, just some benedryl per doctors orders to see if I'm having an allergic reaction (but the rashes are still there, so who knows).  I'm one of those impatient people who don't have time to be under the weather in any way, shape or form.  

No worries, when I do happen to feel tired or something, I stop and relax.  I don't push through.  I just do whatever and if I feel tired, I stop, but haven't felt tired the past 2 days, so it's been really nice.
Goodbye 260's, 250's, 240's, 230's, 220's, 210's, 200's... Hello 190's!  

bizzymommi
on 3/22/11 6:28 pm - CA
HMM I am 20 days out and today I helped a friend collect coin buckets from all the classes at my sons school. Me, who is very used to wearing the cape, volunteered to pull the wagon that will hold all the buckets. By the time we got them all collected, put the extra buckets in the PTA room and pulled the buckets full of change to her car I was huffing and puffing and needing to sit down. This really ****** me off! Before surgery I had been running 2 miles 3 times a week and now a trip to old navy leaves me wanting to take a nap. I cant wait to feel normal again!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3ulili/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w3ulili/s-weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 461 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 450 views
What's on your Monday Menu?