Just had my 1 year visit. Know any Plastics you can recommend

dutchgirl50
on 3/24/11 4:49 am - Ontario, CA
I just had my one year visit yesterday and have lost 116lb.  My surgeon said I am pretty much done and I am ok for Plastic Surgery.  The most I can still lose is about 5 lbs.  I have been the same weight for the last 3 months already.
My inner and outer thighs really sag and I want to get them done.  Can anyone recommend a Plastic Surgeon in Southern California and an approximate cost of that if any of you have had the procedure?  I also need my bat wings done, but the legs bother me the most.
Thanks for any input
Karen 
happyhealing
on 3/24/11 5:39 am
Is plastic surgery covered by insurance after this weight loss?  I have Blue Shield.
azreggie
on 3/24/11 5:45 am - Tucson, AZ
You might want to go to the "Plastic Surgery Forum".  There's alot of good information.  I hung out there when I had my tummy tuck.

Reggie

Down200Pounds
on 3/24/11 6:58 am - MA
Unfortunately, most insurances do NOT cover plastic as it is considered "cosmetic".
unless you have "problems" arising from your hanging skin that you can have a doctor verify twenty ways to sunday, most insurances will reject. if you have a hernia, some insurance companies will let you get a tummy tuck at the same time.

im out 7 years. no hernia. no tummy tuck. need a body lift DESPERATELY as i lost 200 pounds, and everything is sagging south,..LOL.  my budget just doesnt allow for it. im bummed.

i dont feel complete yet. after 7 years of medical issues, etc, i think my insurance should throw in a few plastic procedures! LOL......
Ginny, Orange, MA
RNY with Silastic Ring: 7/3/03~Dr. Alan Newhoff, Phoenix, AZ
Total Weight Loss:  #200
[email protected]

dancetink724
on 3/24/11 11:28 pm - Friant, CA
Here in California there are different mandates on insurance. If your health insurance is managed by the DMHC , and your insurance company covered your RNY due to medical necessity: they consider some plastics " RECONSTRUCTIVE" not "cosmetic".  
That being said, you have to find a plastic surgeon that is willing to do surgery for insurane rates, and you have to send in your letter to your insurance company before you have plastics done...

Just stay on top of the insurance company, and dont let them say no!

They wont cover everything, but there is alot they will PAY for and dont want to tell you that they do :)

242/233/130/125
HW/SW/CW/GW  
Most Active
Recent Topics