Always Hungry

babybooo828
on 3/25/11 11:58 am
 I am always hungry and I cannot take it.

I will eat a decent meal (chicken and a few veggies for example) and feel sastified but not that full sick feeling. Then about 30 minutes later I feel like I am starving and need to eat again. I really cannot take this anymore. Its been going on for a while.

I don't want to always be hungry and wanting food.

I don't think this is head hunger. I mean, I know sometimes I am bored so I want to go eat for something to do. Once I get in the kitchen though, I realize what this is and then I go and find something to do. But most of the time, I truly feel hungry. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is this worth a call to my surgeon's office on Monday?

Any help would be appriciated! 

Ladytazz
on 3/25/11 12:02 pm
Just a few questions. How much protein are you eating? How abou****er? What does an average day look like for you as far as eating goes?
I understand how hunger can drive you crazy. I really didn't have good restriction with my first surgery and I was hungry all the time. A lot of that was food choices, too. I was eating refined carbs and I have found that eating those makes me want more.
Another thought. I have heard of some people complaining of hunger and it turns out they have an ulcer and found that taking a PPI like Prilosec helps.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

babybooo828
on 3/25/11 12:12 pm
 I get around 60 to 70 grams of preotien in a day. My surgeon recomends 70g. I eat protein first and then veggies or fruit. On occoasion I will eat something starchy, but not usually.
I drink a lot... way more than required. I stop counting after I reach 64 oz.. I follow my surgeons rules about drinking no drinking 30 mins prior to a meal and at least 30 minutes after a meal. I usually try to wait about an hour after a meal to drink because at first it was making me feel sick when I drank too soon (even after the 30 minutes) and then with always being hungry, I don't want to wash any food out.

Ladytazz
on 3/25/11 12:16 pm
You might try upping your protein.  I get in 125 grams a day.  How often do you eat?  You could try eating or having a protein drink every 3 hours.  Dense protein sticks with you longer, too.
I eat or have protein 5 times a day.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

chrissyemerald
on 3/25/11 12:08 pm - Canada
another thing to remember is that our pouches can feel *hunger* as well when we're thirsty!! very important to remember :) if it's half hour or so after your meal, get drinking lol
Diminishing Dawn
on 3/25/11 11:43 pm - Windsor, Canada
First of all, you should always be eating til you are SATISFIED. You should never be waiting on a "full sick feeling".  That is something that you should AVOID.  You eat til satiated.  If you eat til you have an uncomfortable, full, sick feeling then that is when you could be doing damage to your pouch. That's not a good thing.

30 mins after eating when you feel "starving", you need to DRINK, not eat. 

You also need to know that stomach noises do not equal hunger.

I do think it may be boredom eating.  When you feel the urge, grab a water and do something - go for a walk, rearrange your closet, sock drawer. Put off the craving as long as you can and drink water. It takes 20 minutes until your brain gets full signals from your body.  So drink and wait 20 minutes at least and see then if you are still hungry.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 351 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 239 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 271 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 111 views