calcium

lee12197
on 3/27/11 1:46 am
RNY on 02/28/11 with
Can i crush my calcium? i finally found the right one but omg its huge and when i tried to swallow it yesterday it did not feel good! I was thinking i could buy a pill crusher and then just sprinkle in yogurt or applesauce. would this work?

poet_kelly
on 3/27/11 2:08 am - OH
It's fine.  I dunno how it will taste though.  They actually make a powdered calcium citrate with no taste, called Upcal D.  I use it and love it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

whatachief
on 3/27/11 2:54 am
I am 8 months out now and can chew the big ones.  Not pleasant but oh well.  I also use the liquid Wellesse which is good.  So I alternate  :)

Jess1028
on 3/27/11 3:28 am - West Islip, NY
Hi All!

I had my surgery on 3/14/11.  I was not a fan of the chewable Calcium at all and asked my surgeon if I could take it in a pill form.  He said OK and I found Citracal Clacium Citrate + D3 Petites.  Its pretty small and easy to swallow!
Most Active
Recent Topics