Carrots

DallasBBWmom
on 3/27/11 11:23 pm - TX
When were you able to eat raw carrots?  I made some ranch dip with greek yogurt but before I try the carrots I wanted to see how they worked for everyone else. BTW I am 4 months.

Thanths!!!
H.A.L.A B.
on 3/27/11 11:51 pm

I can't eat them.  They get stuck. Almost nothing else get stuck. Raw carrots do.  Not sure why... but every time I tried to eat them I had to . I stopped trying a year ago...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lee12197
on 3/27/11 11:54 pm
RNY on 02/28/11 with
I am only a month out and cant have raw veggies yet but i have heard that carrots are hard for some ppl to digest..but you will never know how it will be for you till you try it! My suggestion is to try a bite of a carrot and then wait a while and see how it goes for you! I def wouldnt eat too much without waiting tho...Last night i ate some very well cooked broc. and was silly instead of eating one bite and waiting i ate three small (very small!) pieces and was in for about 2 hours of agony!

navymom13760
on 3/27/11 11:54 pm - Endicott, NY
I'm a year out.  About 2 months ago I was able to eat raw veggies without getting sick/foamies.  I love my cucumbers!!!!!!!!!!

I am perfectly content being perfectly UN-perfect

Start Weight 292/Surgical Weight 266/Current Weight 150

CarolineM
on 3/28/11 3:28 am
 I can eat raw carrots, but if I don't chew them extremely well it can be uncomfortable. Sometimes I shred or julienne them which makes them less bulky. I've been eating them since about 6 months, I think.

Caroline
  HW 400   SW 355    CW 178   GW 180           5'10"

msromagnola
on 3/28/11 3:31 am
I am a year + out.  I cannot eat raw carrots, raw cabbage, raw green bell peppers.  Other raw vegetables work fine.  I am giving up on the ones listed above.  I vomit every time.  It's not worth it.  There are other foods out there that work fine and that I enjoy.

I think it's a purely individual thing.  Eat it as soon as your doc's diet allows it and you think you can.  You'll know for yourself if it works or not.  For me it works itself out - if I cannot eat it, it makes me sick.  If I'm really stubborn, I might try a food 2 or 3 times.  If it makes me sick everytime, the desire to eat that food goes away - so it works itself out.  There's no deprivation feeling - just a "good bye" with no sad feelings.

Good luck with your carrots!

MSROMAGNOLA
cabin111
on 3/28/11 3:59 am
I would say try it.  Chew to puree...mush the first few months.  Even today carrots are one of my "go to" foods for energy.
siberiancat
on 3/28/11 7:53 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
I can't eat raw carrots, celery, radishes or anything of that consistency.  They get stuck, cause foamies and sometimes vomiting..

I can eat cooked carrots if they are really tender.
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 381 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 319 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 9 replies · 72 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?