...my date for surgery ???!!!

dkwilliams1
on 3/29/11 8:17 am - AK
Hello all.... so, I was approved over a week ago... have talked to the insurance co. last week and this week, but have not heard from the Dr.'s office. I just left them a message to call me to set a date. People at my job are already scheduling weeks at a time off, I want to get my dibs in early. Because this is "elective" surgery, I can see the director telling me "NO, we don't have enough staff to cover during that time"... I'm getting antsy....

Lady Lithia
on 3/29/11 8:19 am
May not be possible, but if it is....show up and ask them to their face... hard to not satisfy you in person, easy to ignore a message!

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

dkwilliams1
on 3/29/11 8:22 am - AK
you're so smart !!!! thanks !!!!

brwneyz
on 3/29/11 8:47 am
I agree...keep bugging them.  I know I was a pain in my scheduler's ass because I was told Tricare would aprove within 24-48 hours, and I kept calling after the 48 hour mark.  I didn't care, I wanted a date for that reason...I needed to set up my substitute!!
Wife to Lawrence since July 4, 2003.
Nathan June 16, 2005   Haylee October 7, 2009  
Getting help so I can live long with him and raise them to be the best they can be!                

dkwilliams1
on 3/29/11 8:56 am - AK
thanks!!! and might I add- your avatar pic looks like me in the morning, before coffee !!!!

SugarGrl
on 3/29/11 11:19 am
Hound them and even ask them if they can keep you on a stand-by list in case anyone backs out of surgery, especially if they give you a far future date  Don't bring up "elective", my surgeon just gave me a note stating that I was scheduled for surgery on blank date.  He didn't even say anything on it about wls. 

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

sherylbrown
on 3/30/11 5:35 am - MN
I wouldn't call it elective surgery.  Isn't for all of us, medically necessary?  That's what I would say.

I'm so glad everyone else calls and pesters the surgeon's office.  I am beginning to also and feel guilty.  Yall make me feel so much better.  It's just too exciting and I wanted my surgery yesterday.

Sheryl
Sheryl    
1Haute Diva
on 3/30/11 6:03 am - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
 I wouldn't tell the director what the surgery is.  I'd just say I need surgery and will be out from _______ to ______ .   I'd be a total pain in the arse until I got my date :).
- Shaw

Most Active
Recent Topics