Surgery went well......GAS!!!!!

WeightinToGetOut
on 3/30/11 7:42 am - IN
So my surgery went very good yesterday.  However, when I came too I was instantly hit with GAS pains.  I have been in pain from gas since 1:30pm yesterday.  I am walking, in fact I have walked about five miles total since yesterday.  The nurses love me, they don't have to tell me to move but, I still have GAS!!!!

What else do I do?
KARLA

Lady Lithia
on 3/30/11 7:44 am
Glad the surgery went well.... a lot of people swear by GasX and I took it and had very minimal gas pains.... not sure if it was the walking or the gas x or just a surgeon who gets maximum gas out before closing.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

jillbhappy
on 3/30/11 7:44 am - Oceanside, CA
It sucks but it will get better....promise
Jill
Surgery date 2/8/10
Start weight 264

Nothing Great Was Ever Achieved Without Enthusiasm!     
Becca20015
on 3/30/11 8:03 am
Glad all went well.
DeeNadj
on 3/30/11 8:05 am - Malmstrom AFB, MT

I'm going to quote my (gassy) son here - "LET HER RIP, SKIP!"

Dee
RNY March 21, 2011!! I'm feeling great!!
Busy Mommy of 4, Proud USAF Wife, Quilter, and TRIATHLETE!!               
martine0421
on 3/30/11 8:49 am - camp lejeune, NC
hey girlie..I am glad that your surgery went well..mines did as well. I have a lot of rumnblin in my tummy as well but I cant pass it as of yet. I burp sometimes but nothing other than that. That is the only pain that i am in or shall i call it discomfort. I have been walking since I was out of surgery and now I am home and Am still walkin. so I guess I will keep walking until it passes.. We are on the losers bench

deborahgalek31
on 3/30/11 9:52 am
My gas didn't start going through until 3 days after surgery!  I've been warned, don't trust a fart...make sure you are on the toilet whenever you need to go toot toot:)

Live Long and Prosper  \ V / ,
Debbie
Wink
on 3/31/11 8:27 am
Here's what worked for me.  I walked the hallways in the hospital for a bit, then sat on the toilet.  For some reason, the position of my body on the toilet after walking really let the gas come out.  Give it a try.  Hope it works or that you are over it by now as my reply is 24 hours later!