hunger pains

melissa22886
on 3/30/11 10:01 am
so this is night 2 of my 14 day pre op diet. i've been fine so far but tonight my stomach is growling nonstop and having hunger pains. i'm not tempted to eat food is there just any way to make it go away. i've tried eating sf popsicles and jello, and drinking broth and even water it just won't stop lol
ANNI D.
on 3/30/11 10:06 am
it will take your tummy some time to sort of "give up" bothering you to death. It knows an individuals patterns and it knows you would  normally feed it! So try to ignore it, and tell it to give up and shut up! I didnt have to do a pre-op diet but i did one for 10 days anyway, just because studies show you do better post-op and I wanted to see if i could do it!! Good luck....You can do it!!
I only strive to be, the kind of person my dogs think I am!                               

Of the choices we are given, it's no choice at all....
                                             -Patty Griffin

Bkritty
on 3/30/11 10:07 am
I'd love to hear the answer for that one too! I won't start my liquid diet until the end of April, but I tried a day of it just to get an idea of what it was like and it was brutal! I am hoping that when I am doing it for real it won't be as bad because I won't be thinking its optional! Hang in there...I have heard that day 2 is the worst!

Kristie

qnmimi
on 3/30/11 10:46 am - Cottage Grove, MN
Around day 4 you start feeling less hungry...kinda hard to believe now, but it does decrease. Keep up on your proteins! Good luck , I know you can do it!!

nfarris79
on 3/30/11 10:58 am - Germantown, MD
 Haven't had the growlies much today but I'd just say make sure you're filling up with liquids. I had the weirdest thing happen to me when I "ate" my evening protein shake & s/f jello - actually had stomach pain, as if there was "food" hitting my stomach hard. It passed but was like, hello, this is just liquid! My stomach must have been WAY empty....

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

melissa22886
on 3/30/11 11:06 am
ive been drinking alot of fluid not so much during the day except my protein shakes but when i get home from work and that's when i get hungry, i eatmy dinner and fill up on water and crystal light. i hope i don't get stomach pains i will be so miserablelol
melissa22886
on 3/30/11 11:07 am
thanks everyone for the encouragement. i hope my stomach learns soon im not gonna feed it and it shuts up lol
HETSB
on 3/30/11 9:23 pm
I am on day n10 and still hungry.  It is better, but I have to just go to bed at night to sto p the hunger!

trish419
on 3/31/11 2:32 am
I found the easiest way to ignore the growling and hunger pains was to remind myself why I was doing this and how it would benefit me and my family.

It was really hard, but that reminder always helped.

Most Active
Recent Topics