food question....4 weeks out

Melin71
on 3/31/11 11:43 am - LA
I'm 4 weeks out and trying to be patient here, but my surgeon still has me on very runny foods, which is fine as long as I heal properly.  I'm trying to be a big girl and keep in mind that this is just a moment in time.  My question is, can anyone tell me when a person typically is able to eat food that is chewable?  So far, the highlight of my days are my chewable vitamins...lol.  Just curious before I hold up an Outback for a piece of shrimp.... 
 Melin
MochaPJ
on 3/31/11 11:49 am - CA
Every program is different, but I was allowed regular food at 6 weeks. CAVEAT: just because the nice doctor says that on a pretty piece of paper does not mean you will tolerate it will. When you are at the regular foods stage, proceed with caution. I'm not trying to frighten you, it's just that if someone is getting free shrimp at Outback, it's gonna be ME! :-)

Melin71
on 3/31/11 11:53 am - LA
 Bahaha!  I'm doing my very best to eat and do everything he says....not necessarily with an attitude of joy, mind you, but I'm almost at the point where I wanna hold people up at fork point and just have a bite of what they're eating!  I go next week for my next post op check up.  Perhaps the good doctor and I will have a come to Jesus meeting.  God love him and be with him if he tells me to keep eating gruel!
 Melin
BritsAQT89
on 3/31/11 11:51 am
Every surgeon is different!! My surgeon allowed me to go back on a regular diet a week after I left the hospital but encouraged me to do as much liquid as possible. Since then I do liquids all day excepts for lunch where I eat meat and thats pretty much it.

Melin71
on 3/31/11 11:59 am - LA
 Wow!  You've obviously been doing great!  I'm struggling to get enough liquids in, which is frustrating when it comes time for my walk in the evening.  I'm in Louisiana, where it's humid ALL of the time just about!  I just wanna whine out loud sometimes..."lemme take 4 big gulps....that's all I want!"  Btw...I totally did one day, and as it turned out...it was NOT what I wanted at ALL!  ;-)
 Melin
The_best_me
on 3/31/11 12:49 pm - TX
Every surgeon IS different. I was on clear liq first week and now I'm on soft foods.
LoraLeeME
on 3/31/11 2:20 pm
I'm wondering when I can have more than 2oz at a time. I'm not satisfied with just a tablespoon anymore. I'm a month out and have been on a soft diet since week 2. I just saw the doctor for my one month follow up. He said eat anything you want except bread/rice/pasta/beef/pork, but only in 2 oz portions. Damn!!! I'm still hungry after 2oz. I want at least 3 oz at this point.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 233 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 108 views
Recent Topics