Libido

AKSteveB
on 3/31/11 2:56 pm - Anchorage, AK
I've seen a number of women mention low libido issues post surgery, so maybe this is a male thing ..but ..OMG ...for about the last two weeks (week 4 and 5 post surgery) I've had a lot of energy and my libido is bloody insane.  I'm talking horny 18 y/o insane (I'm 47).  We bought a fire hydrant for our dogs for our front yard (yes ..we're weird), and I'm reaching a point where I'm gonna go out there and hump it!  Is it just me?
Smileygrl810
on 3/31/11 3:17 pm
HAHAHAHA I just had a funny image of someone humping a fire hydrant. You might not want to do that though. I'm assuming that your wife can't keep up with your libido if you're thinking about humping fire hydrants? I am only 2 weeks post op and my libido... well... I don't have one. I haven't heard anything about how common it is or if it's common in men but hey... consider yourself lucky!?!?!?!?!

Highest Weight: 318 lbs
Surgery Weight: 265 lbs
Current Weight: 183 lbs
Goal Weight: 145 lbs 
AKSteveB
on 3/31/11 3:22 pm - Anchorage, AK
it's gf not wife ..but yeah she can keep up.  Just that it really is like being an 18 y/o ..kind of an endless obsession.  I've always had a healthy one ...but ...this is insane!
franRN76
on 3/31/11 6:22 pm, edited 3/31/11 6:23 pm - PA
share it with my fiance then!!! I mean i wish his was higher... LOL.. seriously though I can say that mine has been a little low for me since surgery. I dont know if its because I am always sore and tired from working out. It could be just that I have been so busy.. I've been bouncing off the walls with energy. Its just that when I expend it on all the other things, I just hit a wall and drop (run out of steam.

Don 1962
on 3/31/11 9:31 pm
Steve,

This is common theme found on the SBAAWLS forum:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/sex_before_and_after_wls/

The problem comes from the hormones dumping into your system as your fat is metabolized.  I'm three years next week and while it has subsided some my libido is so much better than it was when I was obese. WARNING:  THIS IS GOING TO BE A SEXIST COMMENT SO LADIES CONSIDERED YOURSELVES FOREWARNED!! Now speaking as a fellow male in the rejuvenated prime of his life - more power to ya buddy!     Wear out the fiance and leave the fire hydrant alone!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

soldierzgirl36
on 4/1/11 4:10 am - WA
Personally, i am 37 and my hubby is 39. I jsut had surgery on the 7th of March and I had sex the first week, the second week and 3 times this week. I was very sexual before and I am as well now. it may be a menopause thing for some women, but as for sex, we are still having it as much as we did before. No change:)

SOLDIERZGIRL

CoastalBigDog
on 4/1/11 5:43 am - WA
...apparently I'm not hanging around the right fire hydrants or SIRENS :-)

Most Active
Recent Topics