Alcohol

cece1971
on 4/1/11 6:51 am - Lancaster, PA
I am almost 3 months post op...any chnace I could sip on an alcoholic drink...any suggestions?
nomoresugar
on 4/1/11 7:03 am
It is probably not dangerous for your pouch, but alcohol hits rather hard for post ops.  Also, many people discover a transfer addiction from food to alcohol.

If you are in a safe environment (not alone in a bar) you could give it a try.  But, it is wasted calories, risk of dumping, and for very occasional use only IMHO

deborahgalek31
on 4/1/11 7:12 am
I am one month post op.  I decided to celebrate my birthday yesterday with a drink.  I literally took 2 sips and passed out!  Before surgery...I could drink 2 to 3 beers with no effect.  Be careful if you do it:)

Live Long and Prosper  \ V / ,
Debbie
Laura A.
on 4/1/11 7:48 am - Manteca, CA
Why not put diluted apple juice or cranberry juice in a wine glass and it'll 'look' like you're imbibing...

Or is it that you want the alcohol....  You're only 3 months out....

Laura A.         5'3"  BW299/CW135

happyhealing
on 4/1/11 8:52 am
How about a non-alcoholic beer
dorisnextyear
on 4/1/11 9:16 am
kailadarling
on 4/1/11 9:48 am - Milwaukee, WI
 no me gusta drinking. i am 8 months out and still cant even drink a mikes hard without getting hammered. you can try it but be careful and NO FRUITY DRINKS!
M M
on 4/1/11 10:46 am
 No.
msjkk2020
on 4/4/11 4:05 am - Eufaula, OK
I had a Strawberry daiquiri at a friends house over the weekend, approx. 8 ounces, took me 2 hours to drink it and I did feel tipsy really really fast but had a dd cause I was afraid that would happen. Didn't hurt me in anyway otherwise and I had a great nights sleep......

Kelly S.
on 4/4/11 4:45 am
You are still pretty early out, but if you decide to be sure that you are not alone and with people you trust.  I would ask your surgeon, I know mine said none for the first year.

20 pounds lost during two week pre-op diet.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 344 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 204 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 269 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?