birthday party today...

lee12197
on 4/1/11 11:02 pm
RNY on 02/28/11 with
my husband and i are throwing a birthday party for my 2 yr old stepson today and as much as i love him i totally just dont wanna go! Its not that im worried im going to eat something i know i shouldnt b.c i seem to be in very good control over that. My issue is my husbands entire family is huge...and eat alll the time. I have avoided their house since surgery b.c they were always trying to get me to eat...i went over once while still on liquids and they tried to feed me a fried egg sandwich with about 4 eggs on it! They just dont understand that i cant nor do i want to eat the things they offer me and that i can get very sick from them. They get mad and offended when i say no even after i explain to them over and over! My husbands aunt made the cake and i KNOW  its going to be a huge battle that i dont eat any. His aunt prolly wont talk to me for months! I just dont understand why it has to be this huge battle all about food!

zoeyfae
on 4/1/11 11:16 pm - Marysville, WA
Wow, the mental picture I'm getting of this group from your description isn't a pretty one!

I'm guessing there is jealousy on the in-laws side. Did they object to your choosing to have WLS? They are probably seeing your success and, even if not intentional, are trying to sabatoge you. After all, if you can't beat um, join um.. right?

Eventually, if you are persistant enough that you aren't going to eat their junk, they will back off. It may go the other way though and they will star****ching, analyzing and questioning everything you eat. This is equally, if not more, annoying. Sometimes it turns to curiousity & interest about the surgery though. <--- happy thing!

My husband and I ALWAYS share a plate. Especially at family functions. I'll usually try one bite of something like cake. He eats the rest of it.... people just got used to this.

Food is and will always be a battle. Surgery didn't change that, if anything it made it worse.

I bet it would mean a lot to your stepson to have you there. And I bet you would regret not being there!

GL! 
<3 Z
Gastric Bypass- 12/7/09

Highest Weight on Record: 311
Before Pre-Op Diet: 295
Day of Surgery: 287
Goal: 175 (Surgeon) 165 (Personal)
Current:155
New Goal: To get a Pregnant Belly!
Most Active
Recent Topics