Sleeping a lot after surgery!??

BritsAQT89
on 4/2/11 9:17 am
Since I have had the surgery I noticed that I sleep A LOT more. I sleep 8+ hours at night and take a 2+ hour nap almost every day!!

Is that normal?
Is it because I am eating less or is it just me?

Anabella
on 4/2/11 9:39 am - Fresno, CA
 It's not only you. I noticed that I am sleeping a lot also, our bodies need sleep in order to heal. When did you have your surgery? I had mine on March 17th.
BritsAQT89
on 4/2/11 9:50 am
I had my surgery on March 15!! And have been sleeping like a baby every since. But when I am awake, I have tons of energy!

brwneyz
on 4/2/11 9:41 am
Don't worry...it is normal.  I have those days sometimes where I am exhausted, but most of the time I have a lot of energy during the day.  I do get a lot more sleep at night now.  My surgeon warned me that I might have less energy the first few months due to recovering, and my body adjusting to everything. 
Wife to Lawrence since July 4, 2003.
Nathan June 16, 2005   Haylee October 7, 2009  
Getting help so I can live long with him and raise them to be the best they can be!                

BritsAQT89
on 4/2/11 9:51 am
I wish someone would have warned me! I was never a "napper" before surgery! I was a go-go bunny!!

happyhealing
on 4/2/11 11:19 am
I thought I was the only one.  I had surgery March 1 and Im thinking how am I going to make it through a whole days work when I return.  I'm napping and sleeping at least 8 hours.  Whats the deal?
Amber J.
on 4/2/11 1:13 pm - Kirkland, WA
 I sleep a LOT! Sometimes 10-12 hours a night and then a small nap in the afternoon. I think a lot of it for me is that I sleep really poorly. By the middle of the night I start tossing and turning because I get so sore and my stomach starts getting upset when I lay down for long periods of time. I never feel totally rested. :(

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Smileygrl810
on 4/2/11 1:21 pm
I've never been a napper and have taken one everyday since surgery. Not sure what I'm gonna do when I go back to work!

Highest Weight: 318 lbs
Surgery Weight: 265 lbs
Current Weight: 183 lbs
Goal Weight: 145 lbs 
Momma2nicknmike
on 4/3/11 2:20 am, edited 4/3/11 2:21 am - Beavercreek, OH
 Yes, I have been so sleepy it seems since my surgery.  Now, I've always enjoyed a good nap, but now I can get a full night's sleep (7-8 hours), nap for 2+ hours and then still be able to sleep at night.  I think our bodies just need it.  It's helping us to heal!   Don't fight it!

Lynne    

Melin71
on 4/3/11 5:34 am - LA
 I was the same way.  I still can't seem to make it past about 9 PM!  My surgeon told me no matter what, to expect to be pooped for at least 6 weeks post-op, both because of having had major surgery and healing.  You'll be more a go-go bunny than you ever imagined very soon!
 Melin
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?