how did you feel 10 days post op?

melissa22886
on 4/2/11 10:13 am
i'm just wondering how those of you felt 10 days post op. on april 22nd there is a yankee game in baltimore, maryland which is 2.5-3 hours from here. i wouldn't be doing anything but sitting in the car and sitting in the stands really. i'm wondering how those of you felt 10 days out if you would of felt up to doing something like that.
Lori P.
on 4/2/11 10:20 am - Kenosha, WI
I was at work 8 days out...not happy about it but there none the less....  .so I could have done a ball game.  Bring water and some thing you can eat as that may prove to be your biggest challenge.

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

imaneed2lose
on 4/2/11 10:32 am
Have you had surgery before? Do you know more or less how you recuperate? I think you need one of those stadium seats with a back so you dont have to sit hunched over on your incisions and lots to drink. Make sure you know where the bathrooms are on the way in so you can plan for a quick escape should you need it for any reason. If you take your pain meds with you, it will be like back up if things get bad.
gonna_be_fat_free
on 4/2/11 10:43 am - CA
I felt pretty good. I definately could've handled a ball game. I was way off my meds by then. You might just have to get up and walk a bit during the game.

Month 1 (-24) Month 2 (-10) Month 3 (-13.2) Month 4 (-12.8) Month 5 (-11.6) Month 6 (-11.2)
Mo. 7 (-10.2) Mo. 8 (-10.6) Mo. 9 (-5.8) Mo. 10 (   ) Mo. 11 (   ) Mo. 12 (   )
MariaIsHappy
on 4/2/11 10:43 am
I'd say go for it.... I went into surgery w/ nothing but positive thoughts...
you'll be fine, enjoy the game !!!

Maria xoxo

ANNI D.
on 4/2/11 10:46 am
I went to a huge mall in Mexico about 5 days out. It was alot of walking, but I sat down every half hour or so. It just depends on how you feel after surgery. I dont think you can really make plans until surgery is over and you're back home or where ever. The walking in the mall actually helped me because my gas was so uncomfortable, so getting out really helped. I didnt really believe that one too much until I was laying in the bed in misery!!! Walking is good! I think I would've been able to do that, but you never know. Check the weather forcast too. It was very hot while I was there and being out in it made me very queasy. I almost had to have a cool breeze, or better yet. air conditioning. Good luck, hope everything goes great!!
I only strive to be, the kind of person my dogs think I am!                               

Of the choices we are given, it's no choice at all....
                                             -Patty Griffin

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/11 10:58 am - Boston, MA
Me personally I wouldn't go.  The recovery has been pretty tough for me and 10 days out I was still in my pjs on the sofa, I would have been exhausted with that long of a car ride AND the game and a ride back.. I'm 3 weeks out Monday and I think it might be too much for me now.. but everyone is different!
redneckgirl43
on 4/2/11 11:32 am - Yukon, OK
RNY on 03/07/11 with
I was back at work at 10 days. Flew home from Mexico on 5th day. Again stay hydrated get up and walk every hour or so. Good luck.

RNY revision 3/7/11, Dr. Joya, CW 175, SW 280, HW 302  Lapband placed 1/7/2006 - Lapband removed 1/14/2010;

Barbara M.
on 4/2/11 12:20 pm - IL
So, did you go? If so, how did you do? I am 11 days post-op RNY and riding in the car anywhere is very uncomfortable. Went to see my surgeon 2 days ago - it is about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs away and I was miserable!
Barbara 
RNY 3/21/2011  Dr. Marshall, OSF Surgical Center, Peoria, IL
5100kiki
on 4/2/11 2:06 pm
Too tired and sleepy to do absolutely anything...  There is no way I could have gone to an event like even as simple as what you are describing...  My advice - wait several months or until next season...

Most Active
Recent Topics