2003 RNY. New to PHG. Need follow upI surgeon & support group

mr_cgreen
on 4/2/11 3:37 pm - Atlanta, GA
I had a RNY in 2003 in Atlanta, GA. I have lost more than 200lbs, more than 1/2 my highest weight. I am now iving in Pittsburgh. I need a follow up surgeon and want to find a good support group in Pittsburgh. Can you help me?
Thanks,
Curtis
jan8131
on 4/2/11 9:03 pm
 Well, aren't you lucky to move to Steeler nation!  Welcome!
I had my surgery at St. Margaret's in Pgh. My surgeon is THE best. Her name is LeeAnne Peluso with Pgh. Bariatrics.  I like her and the hospital is easy to get to. There is also a support group there (I think the first Wed. of the month).
Magee Women's hospital also has a good bariatric program (you don't have to be a woman to go there!) with support groups.
I live outside the city about 1 1/2  hours so I do not go in for the groups. I think there are others going on. You would love Dr. Peluso!
Welcome to Pgh. and congrats on your weight loss.
Jan

COMPARISON is the thief of all joy.
HW 255~SW 234~CW 178-GW 150
Cherylkas
on 4/3/11 10:43 am - PA
 I am from Pgh. I just had my surgery and I went thru Magee Womens hospital. THey are wonderful there. The whole staff is great. And like someone else stated you do not need to be a women to go there. 

They also have group meetings the 2nd tuesday of every month I believe. 
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

AnnNo
on 4/4/11 1:04 am - PA
Hello! Welcome to Pittsburgh! I am still pre-op but i LOVE my doctor and his whole staff. Dr. Gagne through West Penn Hospital (they also have a satellite office at AGH). They also run support groups through their office. I know 2-3 other people on this forum have had surgery with him and post pretty frequently. Enjoy the city- hopefully we'll convert you to a Steeler or Pens fan!!

Surgery Weight: 287 * Surgeon Goal: 170 * Personal Goal: 155 * 5'7, 25yrs old

Surgery Date: Mon, May 16th 2011
Current Weight 6/12: 259