PILLS, PILLS, PILLS

Ladycavez
on 4/4/11 2:43 am
Okay. 5 weeks ago I had lap RNY. my dr's info says to try to take pills 15 minutes apart so they don't bunch up around the stoma.

I have to take all the supplements, plus lexapro, prilosec, and wellbutrin. My multi and iron are chewables.

Taking all this 15 minutes apart is ridiculous!!!! I used to take everything in one big swallow.

AND how much calcium citrate does everyone take? I have Citracal Calcium Citrate+D3 and 2 tablets have 400 mg of calcium and 500 IU of Vitamin D. I'm thinking I shouldn't have bought these and I'm gonna have to take more than 2 a day (((

Help!

poet_kelly
on 4/4/11 2:57 am - OH
The ASMBS says we need 1500-2000 mg a day.  We only absorb about 500 mg at a time so you need three or four doses.  With the ones you got, you'd need eight a day.   Well, seven and a half, at least.

I do not wait 15 minutes between pills.  I used to take them one at a time but just a minute or two between.  Now I can take three or four together.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

terilynn112
on 4/4/11 3:12 am - maryland, NY
in time you'll b e able to take them closer together. I'm 11 weeks out and take most of mine at the same time, except my calcium, and i'm not yet on iron... because of a second surgery I needed.

teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 375 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 442 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?