Question about alcohol and dumping

M_Katt
on 4/5/11 8:04 am
I have not tried alcohol yet (not really a big thing for me), but I do think I'm a dumper.  The question that occured to me over the weekend was whether anyone has ever made a correlation between the two.

If a person is a dumper, does that then make them one of the post ops who cannot tolerate alcohol?  I ask because pre-surgery, when we drank alcohol it was converted to sugar in our stomachs.  I assume the same is pretty much the same now.  Am I making sense here?  I know only 30-40% of post ops are dumpers and I know that some post ops cannot tolerate any alcohol.  Are they the same group?

Anyhow, just a thought I had and couldn't remember ever reading it addressed here.  It would be interesting to hear from the post ops who have tried alcohol whether they are non-dumpers or dumpers.

Thanks from my curious mind

Michelle
iisme
on 4/5/11 8:24 am
I have no clue if I am a dumper but I do know that I can drink alcohol. Just be careful if you experiment because of not only the fact that you will get tipsy much faster....there is a risk of transfer addiction

10 pounds loss pre-op
Alice P.
on 4/5/11 8:24 am
I did dump although I don't think I do anymore. But I really can't tolerate alcohol--less than 1/4 glass of wine makes the room start spining--I have always thought it was from the sugar.
 HW 278 SW 259 GW 170 CW 142 Ht 5ft 6

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 283 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 208 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 278 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 143 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?